Help with Welcome Finance

michaele
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a loan with Welcome Finance about 3 years ago. It was over a period of 12 months. I missed about 3 payments in total and was told I would be charged and that my loan amount would increase as because I missed a payment, the interest on the loan increased, therefore I owed more. So say if the 3 payments equalled £300 then because I missed them this went to around £375-£400 owing.

Is this right what they did or can I try claim it back?

Firstlt ring them up and ask them to send you a statement of the loan and payments in full. This way you will see if there were letter and phone call charges added as well. You might also find a few unfair penalty charges, all of which you can claim back.

The interest on a welcome loan goes on every 19th of the month. if you can make the payment before this date, the interest is lower, than if you paid after this date. So if you missed a few months, the interest would climb, as it is compound.

Ask them for a statement first and then you can have proof of everything then

Sinead

• 4 months later...

can anyone help i have a loan with welcome finance the original amount was £1500 I have payed £100 a month for four years although admittedly missed 6 payments during this time. They are now saying my credit agreement has expired and they need me to resign forms to pay off my remaining balance of wait for it £1500. I have sent the data protection letter as they have said i still have £566.34 outstanding balance plus £270 in charges plus £600 in interest that has been added. but i want to know does anyone know if i am still legally bound to pay them anything as the agreement has now expired. Welcome seemed desparate to get a settlement figure out of me and payed by the end of june when my agreement lapses.

• 3 years later...

hi can any help me with is please my husdand to car finace out with welcome and we have now offered them a settlement figure on the car over week ago and they r still saying they need more information we have give them everything and now everytime we phone up they say the person we r dealing with is on there lunch or in a meeting.