What exactly can I claim for?

meryll83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just seeking a little advice on claiming, I've been searching the forum trying to suss this out, but I'm slightly confused.

Rang up Barclays and Halifax today and have requested my statements, £5 each, not bad.

I get that I can claim for bounced cheques charges, but I get confused with overdraft interest.

Now let me get this straight. I can claim interest charged when I've been in my overdraft, correct? However, once I had spoken to the bank and agreed an overdraft limit with them, is the interest from this point on allowed? Coz surely they would have said to me we will let you have eg. a £100 overdraft but you will be charged at whatever percent?

Or can I claim for allllll of this interest?

Any help simplifying this for me would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Stop, no need to pay £5 each for statements, you can get them going back for several years for £10.00 using the following SAR letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Then essential you read here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

woh! slow down.

are you saying you are paying for your statements at £5 each statement, if so, you can get every statement for an A/C for just £10 the lot [or *£10 for each diff banks].

just send the standard SAR.

you need to read the FAQ or the step by step instructions

On what you can claim, try the threads in the different forums under the name of the institution you are claiming from.

in general, nothing labelled 'interest', can be reclaimed, though you, if feeling so inclined, can charge them interest, but you need to READ THINGS FIRST.

dx100uk:-| :-|

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was £5 in total for ALL the statements, I'm not that daft!!! :D I meant it was £5 at Barclays and £5 at Halifax.

I have done a lot of reading on here, but there seem to be people claiming for many different charges, including to do with overdrafts.

I was wondering if there is a definitive list of the names each bank uses for their charges and which of these can be claimed.

most sub forums do have such a list, certainly the co-op one does.

all the rest understood, its the way we read it and you typed it;)

well bank charges are mostly to do with overdrafts [cause they make us go over with charges!]

any how, like i said, mostly anything you can claim back that is a fee, but not anything related to interest.

best thing is to put up a few examples of things you are not sure of and we will help.

dx100uk:)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Moved to Barclays forum can you please also now start a thread in Halifax forum , thanks

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Well I received my Barclays statements and all they have ever charged me is interest on my overdraft, so guess there is nothing I can do there.

Still awaiting my Halifax statements, I'm pretty sure they charged me £30 a pop when I've had cheques bounce a couple of times. Whether or not it was since 2001 I shall have to wait and see!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok I sent of the prelim letter, and now Halifax have written back saying that they are within their rights to charge these fees (eg £30 for cheque bouncing, going over overdraft) as I agreed to these when I opened the account, and they have periodically sent me info detailing how much these charges are. (don't remember this).

Their decision is not to refund me any money.

They won't break down how their costs are calculated.

Are they right? Am I trying to claim for wrong things here?