claiming against barclays- advice required

avinash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

We wrote to Barclays rquesting roughly £1000 worth of charges including interest.

They wrote back with an offer of £400.

I think we will be using the moneyclaim website to request the full amount.

In the interest of speed and efficeincy of getting our money back is it best at this stage to write back to barclays and request the full amount and reject their offer, or should we just jump straight to the Moneyclaim route?

thanks in advance-

Avinash

Hey, go to the bank templates library and follow the key steps there. I believe if they have made you an offer you need to do this:

Reply to the letter saying you will accept the offer but still intend to claim the full amount. If the full amount is not in your account in 14 days then you will start court/mcol proceedings.

They will reply withdrawing their offer basically saying see you in court. Then you can start MCOL when the 14 days is up. In order for your case to hold water you need to show that you have given them a chance to settle out of court.

There is a template for 'rejection of offer', you should use, its very good. LBA is Letter Before Action, a letter warning them that you intend to go to court. This is crucial. You mut also have supplied a schedule of charges to your bank that you are intending to claim.

I advise you read the faq, it will take a while but save you time in the long term.

Thanks

P

It's my money...

The formal Letter Before Action is the first letter you wrote that mentioned you will take court action on a specific date. If you stated you would take court action on your first letter (when you claimed roughly £1000), then that is your LBA. If not, this is your LBA. Go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

and use LETTER 1, filling in the blanks with your details and removing any parts that do not apply to your case i.e returning a cheque or removing funds from your account.

Reading the faq will make everything a lot clearer and give you more confidence in what you are doing.

You may want to send an up-to-date charges spreadsheet if it has increased since.

P

It's my money...