• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

My bank says they have the right to take my job seekers allowance

stitch05
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a quick update..

Just got in touch with DWP and they said they couldn’t help, :( she said she didn’t know about bank charges and JSA, and told me to contact the citizens advice…

Hi Stitch

Dont be put off by that. I had asked questions at DWP and get differing answers from different people. Sometimes the staff are not that clue'd up on things like this. Ask to speak to a Manager and if they can't help you then ask them to speak to somebody who can and get back to you. Lay it on the line that you and your child are suffering because of this. Are they going to start paying you by cheque?

Annie

Feeling so frustrated….I have been trying to get in touch with CAB all day. Finally got through and he said believe it or not..’yes the bank can take your benefit’

He said he had just spent two hours trying to help someone in the same situation last week (a different bank) and said he got no-where.

I feel like I’m going mad...I’m stunned at the CAB though…thankyou for your posts just reading them and will reply when I gather my thoughts…:(

Hi, bb thanks for that link, I had a read through and some great stuff to refer to.

Thanks Annie, good point… I tried ringing DWP again, and once again the person I spoke to couldn’t help- but as you suggested I asked her if there was anyone else who could help me? She said she will ask the processing dept for more info…and they should call me back. It’s not looking hopeful though.

I have asked for future payments to be made by giro until I get my new bank account details, so it’s a relief to know the bank won’t be taking it again. I have also posted a letter to the bank with the bit about ‘social security administration act’ asking for the charges back, and see if that gets me anywhere.

Hope I’m not rambling on …Thankyou so much for your help and support, xx

edited

Telewest v RBS

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/61214-telewest-rbs.html[/url]

Telewest v A&L

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/61215-telwest-l.html[/url]

Telewest v Halifax

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/63775-telewest-halifax.html[/url]

If I've helped - hit the scales and rate me!

Hiya,

Thanks telewest for your reply, I agree its is disgraceful situation.

I called my local branch initially as my own is in Scotland, and I usually go to the local one here in England-just never transferred branch for one reason or another.

They said they couldn’t help me as only my own branch had the authority to refund the charge as each branch has their own budget. (Unless I have been fobbed off again-seems to be a recurrent thing for me!-Am I being given the run-around or what!)

If a trip to my local branch (well say local it’s nearly 10 miles away) would do any good I would certainly give it a try.

I posted a letter asking for an immediate refund and referred to the 'social security act 1992', this is in Jonnybad’s post (my thanks to Jonnybad for that)

I have proof of postage.They should receive it by tomorrow.

NATTIE, thanks for your post and that info, can I ask you, how would I refer my bank to their lending department?-...I mean do I ask my branch to put me through to the lending department, or is there a separate contact number somewhere? Sorry to sound dim….

I didn’t receive any call back from DWP as yet. I must admit I am lost, if it is the law that they should pay back benefits why doesn’t anyone ‘official’ know about it? (I mean bank, DWP, the CAB?)

Well I know one thing, I won’t give up until I see this money returned…AND I think I’m due some compensation…for the grief if nothing else! (apart from cost of postage/phone calls/petrol to post letter….)

Keep you posted. x

edited

Telewest v RBS

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/61214-telewest-rbs.html[/url]

Telewest v A&L

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/61215-telwest-l.html[/url]

Telewest v Halifax

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/63775-telewest-halifax.html[/url]

I think it is £50 telewest but that is by the by. Stitch- if the branch refuse ask THEM to ring their lending department because they cannot take you JSA that you use to feed yourself because it is the LAW. Yes. they can charge you, and yes they still will, but no they cannot take money that you need to feed yourself and survive. But I do like telewests ides of contacting the media team of RBS.

:-D GOOD NEWS!!! Money refunded!!!:D

I went into my local branch with copy of the letter of complaint that I had posted to my own branch on Monday (still no acknowledgement from them)

The girl I spoke to was only a cashier, but she couldn’t have been more helpful, professional and understanding. She said she couldn’t understand why my branch had responded the way they had. She took photocopy of my letter/proof of postage, and after a few phone calls all was sorted!

I'm still not happy with how my branch handled my request/complaint, so I will be following that up- but good news nevertheless!!

Thank you very much to everyone who took the time to post, and my best wishes to you xx:)

Great news Stitch, really pleased for you.

Telewest v RBS

Telewest v A&L

Telewest v Halifax

Well done stitch, this is excellent news. :)

Don't forget to do all the other stuff that's been advised!

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

im with nationwide and they have taken £78 of my jsa this week 28/07/2011 and i dont know what to do any help would be aprecated

charlie inglis

Edited by chaz89