Mum vs HSBC (Personal)

neilvw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mum had been wary of pursuing HSBC because she has a business acount with them as well as this personal one. They seem to be a good deal more lenient with her on the business account, refunding charges in the past and imposing few lately.

But the charges on the personal account were too huge to ignore, and so I began the process to claim them back.

NEIL'S CLAIMS... Halifax - N1 being submitted 26/2 (£3055) Barclays - offered £540 - N1 due now (£1686) MBNA - SETTLED FOR £1,412.86 Barclaycard #1 - microfiche - complaint to Info Comm'r upheld, info now in - claim to be merged wth B'card #2 in LBA, due now (£800-ish) Halifax Visa - SETTLED FOR £1,067.43 Mint - refunded £427, pursuing remaining £179 contractual Marbles - SETTLED FOR £346

Mum vs Barclays - SETTLED FOR £1,200

Mum vs Abbey - court date 23/2 - SETTLED FOR £1,720.76 at last minute

Mum vs HSBC - SETTLED FOR £1,733

5% donation to site when our refunds are received... Read the FAQs First!

Help needed - my mum has been served with a Default Notice from HSBC because they were unable to take £120 from her personal current account to pay her Flexiloan instalment. They say that no further action will be taken if she pays up by 5th March, but what should we say in our letter? Bear in mind that we calculate HSBC owe her about £2,600 in unlawful charges, interest and contractual interest. How does it work if is a separate account which is in default?

I think we need to send a S10 letter, but any help with the wording would be great. Thanks.

Neily

NEIL'S CLAIMS... Halifax - N1 being submitted 26/2 (£3055) Barclays - offered £540 - N1 due now (£1686) MBNA - SETTLED FOR £1,412.86 Barclaycard #1 - microfiche - complaint to Info Comm'r upheld, info now in - claim to be merged wth B'card #2 in LBA, due now (£800-ish) Halifax Visa - SETTLED FOR £1,067.43 Mint - refunded £427, pursuing remaining £179 contractual Marbles - SETTLED FOR £346

Sorry, missed a few steps! We wrote a Prelim on 17th Jan, got a holding response from HSBC on 27th Jan, saying they are looking into it and will contact us 'soon'.

LBA ready to go but not yet sent. Then the above happened.

hi

i'd send the lba and stick to your timetable. you could try and contact them regarding the flexiloan. iterate to them the fact that they aren't supposed to impose charges if it will cause the account to go overdrawn.

2600 quid is 2600 quid - go for it, it's your money

good luck with your claim

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

thanks for that netty

neily