T Mobile/Westcot debt collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Can anybody give me some advice,,,,my son has lost his job and is now on benefits for severe depression......he has outstanding bill, almost £400 with T Mobile who would not negotiate his bill but insisted on full payment even though he offered £50 a month extra on top of his 'new contract' till it was paid,,,which incidentally is the reason his bill was so high because he took a cheaper tariff but they didn't advise him that he would be paying full high premium till the new contract date started,,,,approx 3 weeks......he didn't realise this, so now we have a situation where they have said this debt is going to Westcott debt collectors (are they part of T Mobile) and they have called the house this morning looking for my son......he is very worried that this will give him bad credit as he has always been very good with bills......can somebody help.....he is so depressed and cant cope :( ,,,,,he has also got to deal with bank and barclaycard tomorrow.........phew

Can't offer much help but if you post on the Telecoms forum, those with infinitely more knowledge than me will be able to help.

Good luck

Spot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Wescott are Debt Collectors and other than in the sense that they either buy the debt from T Mobile or they attempt to reclaim it on behalf of T Mobile they are not the same company.

If T Mobile do send this debt to Wescott they are likely to register a default which will affect your Son's credit rating, the ammount is reasonably small and if settled quickly won't adveresly affect it.

I'm afraid I also don't really know how T Mobile operate with arrears but £50 per month for a £400 debt seems very reasonable to me I'm not sure why they would need to send this to Wescott.

As for not advising him on the tariff you might be able to claim this again i'm not really sure and someone else will certainly be better informed. If you do start getting letters from Wescott then simply offer them the same as you did T Mobile (providing he can afford this). They are very unlikely not to accept this. Read around some more the procedures are very simple (sorry can't post them now have to go back to work soon), if they have added charges to the account then you can claim these back and may also mean that a Default can be avoided.

Hello can somebody help me please,,,,,my son changed his tariff with t mobile to a new cheaper one,,,,what he didn't realise is that this new cheaper tariff didn't start till approx 3 weeks later so this resulted in a bill of approx £400,,,,,when he called t mobile they wouldn't accept his offer of £50 a month on top of his bill until fully paid, disconnected his phone and insisted 'all or nothing',,,,, and have now sent letters from a company called Westcott.....my son is now off work, lost his job,,,is severely depressed due to unrelated matter but I am very concerned as his credit has always been good and obviously he doesn't want any defaults on his credit file......what can we do? Can anybody help or advise us,,,,,Westcott keep phoning the house:confused:

Wescott are they debt collection agency?

Did you put in writing the offer of £50 pcm to t-mobile?

When your son changed his tariff did he recieve new terms and conditions?

if the answer to the first question is yes then they may have already defaulted him, send for credit reports to see, and in the mean time the dca will accept a lot lower payments than what you previously offered as he is now out of work, and would have paid very little for this debt so you could ask for a settlement figure of around say 40% to start with, they may accept around 50% but make sure this is accepted as full and final acceptance in your letter to them.

• 1 month later...

Customer Services

Hatfield Business Park

Hatfield

Hertfordshire

AL10 9BW

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)