HELP!! Ikano default removal & charges

moneymania
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, if anyone could help me on this i would be greatful.

I sent LBA to Ikano (Ikea store card) for re-embursment of charges (£260), they offered me £62.68 with the following excuss:

" As you did not make payments to your account in accordance with the terms and condition of the agreement despite our efforts to collect overdue payments your account was referred to an external agency to recover our losses. We pay commission on all payments collected bt the agency at a rate of 25%. They collected the full outstanding balance of £538.55 with a direct cost to us of £134.64.

With this in mind, we are prepared to offer to refund 50% of the fees paid to date, less the commission paid to the agency, in the sum of £62.68......blah....blah......"

I sent refusal but not had money to follow up until now. All this was done at the begining of Dec 06.

Since then i noticed that a default notice was still on this account, so I sent a notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998 in regards to the penalty charges applied to the account. This was sent 31st December 06.

I received today a letter from Ikano stating the following:

"Blah...blah.....your payment history status shows as satisfied defaul, the default being registered in dDecember 2004. At the time we has not received the minimum payment required to your account for some months and your account was passed to a bedt collection agency. The balance was £538.55 and the fee's applied to your account in the last 6 years totalled £260.00 and your balance therefore was not made up entirely of fee's. I would also draw your attention to term 9 of our T&C's which explains

we will use your payment to pay off any interest, charges and fee's and then to put towards the amounts you have spent using your card

The information we have subscribed is a true reflection of your payment history and is not unfair or inaccurate in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such wil not be amended or removed.

We have not yet received a reply to our letter dated 20th Dec offering to settle your claim with a payment of £62.68...blah...blah..."

Any advice on our next move.:-)

Sent a S.10 notice to RBS also, they refuse to remove default notice as well.

What can be done now? as these request's don't seem to hold much weight when it comes down to it.

Just a little leg up!