Mr Lloyd V Me

The old chap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I have just started my battle with Mr Lloyd, its good to read how other have done. I have just had the first reply back from the the bank saying of course its my fault and dont be silly to want £2600..back. I am going ahead now with the letter giving them 14 days then I will go to court.

Dont like the court fee up front but as I'm 80 I suppose I may get a reduction. Nust really start reading the small print.

Thank you all for the info on site.

hello barty. pleased the wrong buton just now but thats normal for me.

Registered the 14 day or else letter to Mr Lloyd today so I wil wait and see what drivle they come up with. Gr4eat reding how other people are doing, some very succesful others hanging up a bit.

I'll keep you informed.

the old man

Guest Battleaxe

Hello The Old Chap,

Goos for you. Claim those charges back, if you need help just get on line and someone will give you a hand.

You might not have to pay the Court fee, the staff at your local Cpunty Court will give you a form EX160A, which helps if you are stretched financially. I didn't have to pay the fees, as at the time, our outgoings were more than our incomings. The staff at the County Court are very helpful.

Well gentlemen, I posted my 14 day letter or I go to court yesterday. As I put a 1st class stamp on it, it will have arrived there today. So I suppose I now start seriously counting the days off before a visit to the county court office.

May I wish you all a GOOD new year.

Thanks.

the old chap

Happy new year Old chap, and best of luck with your claim:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Well Gary,

Its all in the post now. Given the time now to sit back and say to myself 'you did it now keep your finger ready'. I reckon juding by other letters that mine will run the same way and I will again be studying the Q & A intently.

Thanks to all of you.

the old chap

• 3 weeks later...

Having threatened to go to court and giving them 14 days, I have received a very generous offer of £170 to be paid into my account in the next few days. Considering my claim was for £2000 they are being very generous. My wife is going through the FOS for hers, so I have had the advantage of talking to one of their gentlemen. He did not think I should claim for O/draft Interest or service charges but thought that interest on all other charges could be possible.

Of course I am refusing the bank offer and I think I wil go for all other charges. Any comments?

The chap at FOS is correct in that you cannot claim for service charges - I assume by these you mean fees for packaged accounts. You can claim od interest that you paid on the charges not the interest on your own spending. If you put your details in the spreadsheet it will work out the proportion for you.

And as for your offer - god knows where they get these figures from but accept it as a partial payment only - no doubt they will withdraw it then.

Good Luck

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I am claiming for overdraft interest charges as I am claiming £3000 and my account is overdrawn by £950 and now they have just added another £14 in O/D interest so I may just add that to my claim.

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

The chap at FOS is correct in that you cannot claim for service charges - I assume by these you mean fees for packaged accounts. You can claim od interest that you paid on the charges not the interest on your own spending. If you put your details in the spreadsheet it will work out the proportion for you.

And as for your offer - god knows where they get these figures from but accept it as a partial payment only - no doubt they will withdraw it then.

Good Luck

Thanks for your advice.

I headed colums- O/Draft Excess Fees- Service Charges-O/Draft Interest-O/Draft Usage Fee- Un/Authorised Borrowing Fee-Unpaid Direct Debits-Unpaid cheques, all these taken from my bank statements. As I said FOs said no to Service charges and O/draft Interest so it would make sence to go for O/draft interest then

Thanks for you advice and time

The old chap

I am claiming for overdraft interest charges as I am claiming £3000 and my account is overdrawn by £950 and now they have just added another £14 in O/D interest so I may just add that to my claim.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will do as you and claim for O/Draft Interest charges &O/Draft Usage Fee(thats a good one is'nt it & Un Authorised Borrowing Fee too.

You are all great to have behind one.

Only claim the overdraft interest if you are prepared to work out the claimable proportion from the legitimate proportion. As Giz said, only the O/D interest which was levied solely as a result of an unlawful charge is claimable. Its quite complicated to work out whats claimable from whats not and in most cases does'nt add up to a lot anyway, so most people tend to leave it out completely.

Unfortunately, you can't just claim the total amount of O/D interest as it appears on your list of charges.

These are all claimable charges;

O/Draft Excess Fees

O/Draft Usage Fee

Unauthorised Borrowing Fee

Unpaid Direct Debits

Unpaid cheques

Unpaid SO

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Well if I am £950 overdrawn then I am going to claim all of the interest that is charged for that period I have been overdrawn as the charges have put me overdrawn. These banks get too much of our money.

I will let you know how I get on with my claim and good luck with yours old chap!

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

If the £950 is all charges then yes, thats fine, all the overdraft interest is claimable. But if only say, £95 is charges, then only 10% of the OD interest is claimable.

You can't expect not to pay interest on the money you borrow on your overdraft. It is perfectly legitimate for the bank to charge you interest on overdraft borrowings and if you've claimed for interest which is NOT as a result of charges then you simply won't get it. They will not offer it in settlement, and should you then insist and take it to court the judge would strike it out - possibly even awarding costs against you too.

The whole interest thing is easier to work out if you have one of the value added accounts or some kind of interest free OD. I had a select account with LTSB which gave me an interest free OD of £50. Therefore I have claimed against LTSB for all the overdraft interest after the first charge as that interest would not have accumulated were it not for that first charge as my overdraft was interest free. As each charge added it becomes more apparent that interest only accumulated as a result of charges

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

• 2 weeks later...

Well its done. Had £750 put into my account by the bank as a 'reduction of the charges' last week. Today I have written to them thanking them for the 'part payment' would they kindly pay the other £750 plus by 14th Feb or else I'm to the Courts.

I cant imagion what they are going to say to that or can I.

Regards to all. The old chap