annabellafonte vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you phone them, remind them it is illegal to take more than £10 for the SAR. That is the maximum payment, so dont let them fob you off. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my statements arrived here today, and I have calculated that they owe me £667, that is good enough for me even though I thought I got charged more. Anyway, will be writing up the preliminary letter today and posting it recorded on monday :D

Also telephoned halifax today, about the £10, and she was very nice she put notes on my file too get that back too me asap!!!

Well, going to write the prelim now :)

Nice one Anna,

You sound a little better today :D If you need any help hun, give us all a shout :)

AtMoSpHeRiC X

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

Hi Guys

I need some help. I am just setting up my schedule of charges to be attached with my prelim letter. Where it says "In respect of" it has like unpaid cheque, or cleared transaction but on my statements it only says Charges as Notified so should I just state Charges as Notified because I dont know what they are for. Also, in regards too the £28 charge, is that the interest they charge when u have been charged say £39 and it exceeds the overdraft. The reason why I ask this is because in the prelim letter, it says I calculate that you have taken XXXX plus XXXX interest - so do I calculate the £28 as the interest???? Because I put, I have calculated that you have taken a total of £667 and the £28 charges are included in the £667.

Thanks for your help :)

You just need to put charges as notified as that is all they put on the statements.

All charges are to be put on. wether its £19, 28, 39, whatever.

So your sheet should have

charges as notified......... amount............date

No interest at this stage.

The other part is if you are requesting compound contractual interest.

If not then delete that bit.

So i calclate you have taken xxxx which you have charged me in overdraft.

I hope this explains it. :rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

I sent off my preliminary request letter a week ago and havent heard a thing from them yet, I only included the actual charges on my statements and didnt bother about the other bit, my came to £2234 so I hope the pay up soon. I think it will go to the last though as everyones seems to and they then pay up at the last minute.

Good luck :)

Dandylion

Thanks Seaside Lady for your help, very much appreciated. But could you tell me what Compound contractual interest is?

On the spreadsheet, do I just use the date offenced, the amount charged, what the charges were for??? this part is really confusing me!

Hiya,

The Compound contractual interest is the small amounts debited, normally around £1 ish monthly, but you to be able to prove these are because of the main charges you get. (im sure theres a better way of explaining, but thats the jist of it!!)

On the spread sheet you just put

Charges as notified......... amount............date

Charges as notified......... amount............date

Halipats dont detail what the charges are for.

F&Q's... Read here

Hi, just to update that I have sent off my preliminary letter along with my schedule of charges today special delivery (the postman reccommended that):D , so the 14 days starts now or when they receive it???:o oohhh getting anxious now:rolleyes: . I hope i hav done it right.

Thats ok, but if you get to the court stage you will need to use the trinity road address.

F&Q's... Read here

Yes you can use either address, it will get where it needs to go, but once you get to the court stage it needs to be going to Trinity road.

Try not to worry. you are doing fine. :D Right on track. No mistakes. And im here when ever you need. And there are soooooo many others to help.

F&Q's... Read here

Hi Anna,

great to see you have got the ball rolling ;) ..I felt a lil anxious too when I sent my prelim.. but they charged me AGAIN the same day as I sent it..:eek: so anxiety was replaced by = :-x No words to describe it lol :rolleyes: (Well none that I would be able to type on the forum lol).. My LBA due to be sent out Monday! :p

I have recieved the standard letter, i got it a few days after i sent the prelim.. just the usual "We are dealing with your claim and in 4 weeks etc!".. I have put a couple of days onto the prelim.. for postage times! I know some people do this apparently it shows willing! So really I am using 16 days instead of 14. Just gives the letter time to get there and get into the right hands.. :D

Keep us updated hun!

AtMoSpHeRiC

• Haha 1

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

How annoying is this!!! When I sent off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), I sent out one letter for two account that I have with Halifax. But so far i have only received a set of statements for one account. The other account that I sent for is an overdraft account, although I havent requested anything further than my SAR for the overdraft account, I received a letter today pertaining to my overdraft with Dear Miss XXXXX, we have taken the opportunity to review your overdraft and have noticed that you havent paid anything into the account for the past month. In result of this, please make a payment within 14 days of this letter. Are they trying to scare me?

Ohhhh they make me angry!!! I think they are trying to scare me though because they didnt even state how much to pay, just make a payment! My review date for my overdraft is May not February, and i am only overdrawn by flippin £20

Hi All, I have received a letter from Halifax offering me a "Gesture of Goodwill" of £487, they owe me £667, it is an extra £180 and it is alot of money. I was thinking of calling this Jennifer Gray lady, i heard she is quite nice. I haven't done anything like this before so I wouldnt know what to say to her as I have no experience. Do you think its possible to get the extra £180 on top of the £487, your help will be appreciated. What do I say to her?

• Haha 1

Hi

Reject the offer (use the letter from the templates) and stick to your timetable. I have wasted my time trying to talk to the Halifax, I get more sense from talking to my left foot.

You will get the £180 if you follow the procedures.

Howard will even send you 8% extra if you file at court.

Hope this helps.

Hi I just spoke to Tracy as Jennifer Gray was not available. She said that she can authorise full payment as a one off. She said that I can amend the Acceptance Form but i am choosing not to amend it because they could just refuse it. So she is going to send me another acceptance form of £667, so we'll see, hopefully I won the case :) Wish me luck!