• Tweets

• S.88 only applies for the UK, incidentally. If your licence has expired and you meet the conditions for S.88 you can drive in the U.K., but not outside the U.K. 
    • Sleep apnoea: used to require the condition  to be “completely” controlled Sometime before June 2013 DVLA changed it to "adequately" controlled. I have to disagree with MitM regarding the effect of informing DVLA and S.88 A diagnosis of sleep apnoea doesn't mean a licence wont be granted, and, indeed, here it was. If the father sought medical advice (did he?) : this is precisely where S.88 applies https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/64edcf3a13ae1500116e2f5d/inf1886-can-i-drive-while-my-application-is-with-dvla.pdf   p.4 for “new medical condition” It is shakier ground if the opinion of a healthcare professional wasn’t sought. in that case it is on the driver to state they believed they met the medical standard to drive. However, the fact the licence was then later granted can be used to be persuasive that the driver’s belief they met the standard was correct.   What was the other condition? And, just to confirm, at no point did DVLA say the licence was revoked / application refused? I’d be asking DVLA Drivers’ Medical Group why they believe S.88 doesn’t apply.
    • So you think not pay until DN then pay something to the oc to delay selling to dcas?    then go from there? 
    • think about it, if you don't pay the full amount, what more can they do , default you  they've already registered a default notice by that point.  why have you got to await sale to a DCA.... for what?  
    • I see what you mean. In terms of resuming payments does it matter the amount?  I read that they eventually sell these on eventually anyhow ? But I guess based on what you are saying this is years in the making and I may as well wait for one to be sold on?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Do I have to Pay pls help

souljahslim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I have been paying 1st credit for 2 /3 months now, over the last week i have taken so much info of this site and wish I had read it 3 months ago.

I have a debt with 1st cred of around £500 left now, the thing is according to my credit reprt i dont own HSBC any money, so what should i do , now that I have started paying them will I have to continue to pay them or as the original debt is more than six years ago now should i jus leave it and ask them to prove the debt is mine. I know about the limitation act would this still apply

I have heard bad thing about 1st credit am a lil worried, but if i dont have to pay then i wont i would rather spend it on other debts that i have

Hi souljahslim

unfortunately if you have started repaying them, then I believe, you have confirmed the debt, and the 6 year limit now doesn't apply.

You should still start a CCA request for a copy of agreement, as if they don't have a true copy, they may not be able to enforce the debt.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

You can still ask HSBC for a full SAR request. The statute of limitations does not apply with bank charges as the fact that they were unlawful has been hidden from you. Make sure you send this by recorded delivery. Also send a CCA request to the DCA and enclose a £1 postal order. Also make sure you send this by recorded.

If HSBC come back with the answer that they dont have records further back than six years, post back here and let us know.

No.........Leave HSBC out of it.

Request it from 1st credit using the Section 77-79 CCA request As they have probably purchased the debt & if not able to supply a signed true copy of your original agreement they have never been entitled legally to claim any money from you.

You can then bring a claim for a full refund of ALL payments you have made + interest against 1st credit.

Ain't life great!

hi there ok i will ask 1sr credit for a cca, when u say make a claim if they dont have the agreement how would i go about doing this, is it thorugh the small claims court or would i write them a letter asking them for the money back, also should i stop paying them or should i continue with the monthly payments as i was planning on clearing the £400 left as I get my bous in feburary, thanks 2 every1 who replied

Hi souljahslim

unfortunately if you have started repaying them, then I believe, you have confirmed the debt, and the 6 year limit now doesn't apply.

You should still start a CCA request for a copy of agreement, as if they don't have a true copy, they may not be able to enforce the debt.

As far as I'm aware you can't restart the Limititation Clock after the six years have passed. If there is a six year period during which the debtor doesn't make a payment or acknowledge the debt in writing then the debt becomes unenforecaeble. After that period has expired, the debtor doesn't restart the clock by making a payment or acknowledging it.

I'm prepared to be proved wrong on this but if it's not right, then it makes a mockery of the purpose of the act.

Thames Credit tried to get me to acknowledge a debt after "er" 12 years. Its a few years since I researched this, so I stand to be corrected!

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

A to Z index

actually the default was removed in dec 2006 i started to pay in oct 2006 so the limitation act will not apply, I believe ,as i have acknowledged the debt (silly me) however if they dont have the credit agreement document do i still need to pay them even tho i have been paying I have requested a CCA from them, my thinking is if they cant prove the debt is mine then why should I pay

I dont think they will be able to send the credit agreement to me, what i wanted to know was if this happens how will i get back what I have already paid them

If they can't provide a copy of agreement,

Write to 1st Credit

Dear Sir

Re Account xxxxxxxxxx

I have mistakenly paid your company £xxx, and request you repay this amount as a matter of urgency.

You have failed to supply a copy of the alleged agreement, and therefore the alleged debt is unenforceable.

A to Z index

If you acknowledge the debt after 6 years the clock starts ticking again. That's why many DCA's resort to all sorts of tricks to try & get you to acknowledge the debt. If your speak to them on the phone then some WILL claim that you have acknowledged it..........so avoid all contact other than a letter telling them to stop annoying you as the debt is time barred