dickboy1 vs Natwest (hoping for a result... and a new surfboard!)

dickboy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well!

After a day, where I was supposed to be doing furious lesson-planning for the week ahead, instead, I spent my time here surfing the site and gleaning every last ounce of info I could ...

With my eyes straining at my monitor, I interrupted my marathon trawl of the site only to get down the beach for a real evening surf! With the wetsuit up to dry, I'm back on the case with my first post.

So glad to have all you guys in support. I'm with you too! And so excited!

dickboy1 vs Natwest begins on Monday morning, with the DPA request written and ready to hit the post.

I am sending the application to:

135 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 3UR

I will let you know if this address proves fruitful.

I may also approach my local branch and ask for statements in person to get two attempts in the pipeline... I presume this a good idea?

Hi, erm... may I just call you Richard please.:)

You seem to have the grasp of the site.

Anyway, Richard, that address is the head office address. They'll probably forward it to the department dealing with DPA requests. You'll probably have just as much luck posting or handing your letter to your local branch, but others here may have views on that.

If you can physically hand it in, you can be sure it's arrived. Let us know the address you get a reply back from. I'd be interested too as I may have a DPA request to send there.

To be clear, the DPA request is not just a request for statements but all action including notes of phone calls, details of manual intervention etc. It won't hurt to request the statements, but do the DPA request too.

Good luck with your claim.

[

Yo, Vampiress!

How 'bout we compromise with Dicky? (I'm a Drama teacher-trainee afterall!) :rolleyes:

Cool. Gotcha, coz I was gonna ask for a copy of the statements verbally rather than actually handing in a paper copy of the DPA at my local branch. So does that mean I write two cheques - one with the DPA delivered by hand to my branch and one with my DPA application to head office... ? And - stupid question, perhaps - but do I write the cheques to Natwest? (!)

And one more thing - since you mention that the Bishopsgate's address is Head Office, and the'll pass it on to the right department - do you reckon I should send it to the last example we have of an address used when actually accompanying the six years' worth of statements - Lipsombe's post three weeks ago said she recieved her's from:

NatWest House

225 shenley road

Borehamwood WD6 1TE

That might be worth a shot. It's crazy, I bet the Natwest geezers are moving the goalposts all the time, so that the 'correct' address to send it to is ever-illusive!

[sorry that I'm being pernickerty, and asking minor questions regarding the meagre start of my claim... I'm just frustrated that it's the weekend, and I can't get anything in the post 'til Monday, so I might as well use the time to make sure that I send it to the address most likely to yeild results!!] ;)

Could someone also tell me if I need to include proof of ID with my DPA request? If so, how much and at what level? I've looked through the site but haven't found posts addressing this.

I reckon I'll send a photocopy of my passport. That'd surely be enough. I don't want my application being delayed for even a moment, with them faffing about/stalling because they 'don't have adequate ID' to prove that I am indeed who I say I am. Any thoughts gratefully received...

:cool:

no dickboy m8 u shouldn`t need any proof of who you are aslong as you have your name and address and your account details i.e sort code acc number and your banks address on your DPA request that should surfice.

LLOYDS TSB

DPA: REQUEST SENT: 11-04-06

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

PRELIM LETTER SENT: 04-05-06

RECEIVED SOD OFF:06-05-06

I was gonna ask for a copy of the statements verbally rather than actually handing in a paper copy of the DPA at my local branch. So does that mean I write two cheques - one with the DPA delivered by hand to my branch and one with my DPA application to head office... ? And - stupid question, perhaps - but do I write the cheques to Natwest? (!)

And one more thing - since you mention that the Bishopsgate's address is Head Office, and the'll pass it on to the right department - do you reckon I should send it to the last example we have of an address used when actually accompanying the six years' worth of statements - Lipsombe's post three weeks ago said she recieved her's from:

NatWest House

225 shenley road

Borehamwood WD6 1TE

One DPA hand delivered to your branch or one posted to head office or Borehamwood should be fine. And cheaper! Write your cheque to Natwest and in your letter state that you have done so, and that they can either use the cheque or take the £10 direct from your account (funds allowing).

If you're going to post your letter, you may want to send it recorded delivery and track it so that you can count your 40 days.

[

Thanks guys. I'm all set and ready to go for tomorrow now!

Gonna opt for my local branch... and hand deliver it to the manager. That way, I can pin someone down and keep going back to check with them personally.

:lol:

Proof of ID should only be needed if you have moved house recently...it has been discussed occasionally, and in most instances taking your passport/driving licence into your local branch should enable the bank to make a certifed copy. Good luck. (what's the weather like - Oi'm a hayseed myself!)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The weather is ace! Would love to be getting in the surf today, but my Head of Department just walked past my door, watching me sunning myself on the front garden. Doh!

So now I'm back on the 'lesson-planning'... but actually spending my time addicted to this site!

Anyway, I'm gonna take in a letter, get passport photocopied by them etc. Good plan. Ta, spiceskull!

BACK to the lessons.

Well...

after a weekend of reading, letter-drafting, and generally getting very excited about this site and the prospect of reclaiming charges, the thought of a waking up today was tremendous. Never before have I been so excited about a business day. And I intended to MEAN business...

Decided to address DPA to local bank manager, go down there, meet her, make sure she registered a face and name, and that way make sure I can go back and pin someone down.

So, imagine me - there I am... straight after school (the thought of taking on the bank may have slightly gone to my head at this point) strutting down Newquay highstreet, in sunglasses... :cool: ... I am the ONLY one in the whole place wearing navy pinstripe (coz everyone where's Animal, Oakleys or some other surf brand!) and I mean business. I'm a drama teacher trainee - so I'm ready to play the role of mysterious and downright forthright. I go in there and peer around, looking to choose my moment... you could hear a black detached-from-its-wire non-working Natwest pen drop...

... and what do I do?

FLUFF IT.

Like little Oliver Twist, asking for 'some more', I FLUFF it.

Speak to the junior at the desk no problem. Say I want to speak to Ms Green (name changed) the manageress. She even complies with my request for a certified copy of my passport (for extra special DPA validation) without even asking what it's for. Ms Green arrives... and it's as if I've turned to jelly. The moment has come, and I become a wreck, babbling, squeaking, muttering something or other, and tripping over my words. I basically give her the letter and run for it. :oops:

What a shame. And what a dent to the pride! Oh well. The most important thing is that the DPA is in and the ball is rolling. And at least she'll remember me. Albeit not for what I wanted her to remember me by. Mind you, she certainly seemed suspicious. I was hoping news of BAG wouldn't have reached these dark parts of the SW...

She also told me that I would be charged 2.50 per sheet. Cheeky! I think when she reads the letter, it'll all make sense.

The drama of the whole process!

*Serious question now* Just wondered - this DPA malarky is clearly going to take forever, as Natwest are cottoning on and slowing the whole thing down in the hope that people will give up. However, hustlerleon states today that he called up Natwest a week ago, paid a fiver and now has his entire statements See the thread here:

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6596

Is it then worth me doing that, getting on with the claim whilst the DPA is in progress - that way the claim can be underway and I can make a seperate complaint if the DPA does not turn up in the 40 days?

Ta for reading folks.

:)

That's just what I did - £5 paid with a phone call - Vampiress v Natwest. It's fine if you want to pay it, but follow through on the DPA too.

And don't be silly boy - you did absolutley fine. You're letter has been hand delivered, a good job jobbed.

I suppose they'll deal with it d'reckly.;)

[

it`s best to make sure you have your DPA as if there is any manual intervention it will show up on that, copy statements are fine for totaling up how much they owe you but you really need the DPA info. (IF it ever got to court you would need the info to back up your claim) so by all means start the ball rolling just make sure you get the DPA.

LLOYDS TSB

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

Wow. I feel like a rose between two thorns here!!!:eek:

The manual intervention will serve to prove to the courts that the charges are upheld due to someone picking up your file, making a call etc.

It's not too much of a problem if you don't have it, it's rarely used. Let them prove their costs in court - which they, of course, won't do. Unless you know something I don't.

You have requested it - good. Go ahead without if necessary.

[

tee hee we are the MEMBERS of the BAG!!!! :D :D :D:eek: that really was bad for a tuesday dinner time, sorry

LLOYDS TSB

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

it`s best to make sure you have your DPA as if there is any manual intervention it will show up on that, copy statements are fine for totaling up how much they owe you but you really need the DPA info. (IF it ever got to court you would need the info to back up your claim) so by all means start the ball rolling just make sure you get the DPA.

What did you get when you received your DPA?

As I have just received mine but all I got was statements.

I will gladly donate 5% of reclaimed charges to CAG!

Same day as DPA delivered in person to bank manager, I called up Natwest and requested my six years worth of statements.

Friday - they arrive, in a holey, tatty brown envelope. But this seems to be common, according to other threads. Presumably they are hoping that, by sending them like this, some will get lost and claims will be delayed?

Anyway, only got statements as far back as 2002. But I also understand, from other threads, a second batch will follow according to a system-change. Charges subtotal: £581.

I eagerly await the next batch!

Wow, you have been reading around. Cool.

Yes, you are right, and yes, you are right.

Make sure you complain about the standard of packaging to Natwest. Save it for a day when you're in a reeeeally bad mood. Lol. Natwest seem to be awful with this. They promised me they'd changed their ways. They obviously haven't.

[

I certainly will be complaining.

Disappointed it wasn't tattier and holier, however... as I was kind of looking forward to creating a real stink if they arrived incomplete.

I certainly have been reading around. Much better than asking the same question asked and answered elsewhere, over and over again!!

Actually - I could be about to go entirely against what I've just said...

Does anyone know (one of the moderators perhaps, or someone who has a really good birds-eye-view of the site) if, with my subtotal, as it stands(£581) whether Natwest will repay me at the last minute or defend the claim? I have looked at a few of the longer threads, and seen that when it enters the thousands, they often defend... but with less money at stake, are they likely to let it go at the last minute and back down? I suppose I could have a good look through the site, but alack, I have wasted the weekend away, and now have a frightening number of lessons to plan for this week!! :eek:

Ta. :lol:

Guest Lueeze

Generally, lower amounts for users get refunded, most may have to file a claim, but they pay up before hand.

Recently alot of higher amounts are being defended.

So if yours stayed at that amount , I would be surprised if they defended at all, and just paid it.

However the higher it goes the more likely it is they will defend.

Of course this is a generalised ideal, and some banks buck that trend of course!!!

lloyds dont seem to be offering any one anything!!!! lol the mucky donkey is tighter than a ducks ass in a storm

LLOYDS TSB

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

Guest Lueeze

Sorry, when I said higher amounts are being defended I meant to say, that some banks are filling a defence, only to pay up afterwards. I didnt mean to imply that they are defending IN court!

Lou xxx

Still no sign of second consignment of statements (i.e all those prior to system change in 2002). Anyone know how long I should leave it before concluding that they might not be sending them at all?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks