trapdoorsally vs (HSBC) Highly Scandalous Banking Charges

trapdoorsally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I assume you mean 6th March to send the LBA :confused:

I know this stuff can send you a bit mad!!

Yeah that's right, March not Feb - having pointed that out I was so paranoid that I thought I should check which date I'd put on the letter just to make sure - thankfully my sanity isn't too questionable!!

Cheers GMM

Must be because the Isle of Wight is obviously in a diferent time zone to the mainland. Just stick in there. Heard today that 250,000 template letters have been downloaded from the Martin Lewis moneysaving experts website so the banks will get busy.

Yeah I'm hoping that I've got ahead of those who watched watchdog in the week as well, the banks may as well just start paying it all back without the need to mess us all around, those that don't yet know that they can claim these charges back soon will!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, posted my LBA on the 6th, I actually received a reply from good old Colin Langdon on the same day asking that I send another letter with a list of the charges detailed within and a total - annoyed me even more that this was quite obviously an automated reply as all of the information that he asked for was within the prelim letter, I'd also attached it to the LBA anyhow and so there we are, at least it means that my letter has been processed, if only through the first channel..........next step THE CLAIM!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

hang in there. might seem ago that you started, but it will pay off. Saw an advert for "we can get you a refund" and enquired. They wanted 25% plus vat for doing this process. Keep going and when you win donate some to the site.

Hi Guys

Filled out my claim form and handed them in at my local Crown Court, received my papers back yesterday, they were served to HSBC on March 30th, giving them until April 13th to reply!

If they make an offer, is this usually over the phone? I don't remember giving them any phone numbers in which to call? It's slightly irrelevant as I won't except their offer, but in any case it would be nice to hear them offer.:cool:

have you sent dg a copy of your breakdown? they never offer without it.

here's more info for you:

After You Have Issued Your Claim

Once you have filed your claim, you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

Quote:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

and then:

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim. Their name and address will be on page 2. DG's info - will be on page 2 of the acknowledgment.

Quote:

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely

Hi Lat,

I'm a little confused....................

I printed 3 copies of the breakdown of charges including interest and attached them to each of the claim forms that I handed in at the county courts?

1 of which will go to HSBC, the court will keep the other and one was returned to me, should I send further copies?

I've had no contact from or with the solicitors.

regards

Trapdoorsally

ahhhh, you may think the court sent it to dg - maybe they did, maybe they didn't - but i've never known dg to make an offer without first requesting a breakdown - so send them a copy - then in a couple of weeks it's just the excuse you need to ring them and ask if it was received -

if nothing else this serves to bump your claim and you'll know it isn't lying in some dusty corner.

Thanks Lat, I guess it pays to make sure....................

Another question, I've just received another £25 overdraft charge for last month, beariing in mind the stage of my claim, how do I go about adjusting the figure?

Kind regards

Trapdoorsally

• 2 weeks later...

Having received an offer from HSBC in the week of £700 - to which I wasn't even going to respond I received a Judgement for Claimant letter from the County Court ordering HSBC to pay my claim in total!! Whoop-whoop!! I'll keep my excitement contained until such time as I see the cold hard cash in my account - it will pay towards reducing my over inflated overdraft if nothing else.