Skinny_al Vs Barclays!

skinny_al
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post on the site but I've been lurking here on and off prior to initiating my claim against Barclays.

I've been through my statements - £2k of charges in the last 3 years :o

I want it all back!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, two weeks have passed since my first letter to Barclays and they have failed to reply.

LBA time :¬)

Just out of interest, has anyone else failed to receive a reply to their prelim letter?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Skinny some people dont get any respoce at all from B's I've never worked out what their reasoning is or how they decide which to reply to and which to overlook as Trucker says what address did you send them to and did you send recorded ( tho for points of law a 1st class letter is deemed to have arrived 2 days after posting)

Skinny Al

Where did you send your letters... and did you send them recoerded delivery?

All sent to Litigation, Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Thanksfully they were also sent recorded too. Just seems strange that I haven't received one single reply from them. Oh well :confused:

It must be noted however tho some courts are dispensing with the AQ you may still have to pay the AQ fee

Just out of interest, have you been through a similar thing in St Helens CC? I live there too (outskirts) so I expect that's where mine will take place.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again all,

I received a letter from Northampton stating my case is being moved to my local County Court (Wigan) and the particulars of Barclays' defence (same as usual :)

I spoke to the guy at Barclays delaing with my claim who told me to call back when we had a court date to discuss a settlement. I'm now feeling very very positive :), can't wairt to get my court date!

One point of note is that District Judge Murdoch of Northampton ordered that the AQ should be dispensed in this case. Should I be concerned?

mcol have dispensed with the AQ ... your court may still wish you to fill one in and pay the fee

some courts have dispensed with the AQ but still require the fee depends on your court :)

just noticed your previous post :oops::oops::oops:

Hi Skinny

My claim is at Wigan County Court and they are still sending out Allocation Questionaires. Good luck with your claim.

Joe

Hey Joe (there's a song in that somewhere ;) )

Have you got a court date at Wigan? If so, how long was it from the transfer from NCC?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Skinny,

I never filed through MCOL , i took my N1 to Wigan CC in person so didn't have to wait for it to be transferred. I haven't got a court date upto now as there is a big backlog of cases there. I filed on the 8th May and received AQ a couple of weeks later when A&L filed a defence which i returned on the 7th June. I then received a derisory offer of £273 out of a claim for nearly £3000 , now its just a case of playing the waiting game.

Joe