Smellipants v Abbey

Smellipants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received a 'Notice of Pre Trial Review' from the Court.

They have set a date of 13th July - is the 'preliminary hearing'?

Is this the date when they decide directions? I didn't receive any with the letter so I'm not sure if there's anything else I need to do at this point.

If I have to wait for 3 months just to get directions, is there anything I can do to speed the process up?

Thanks in avance :)

Hi Nick - thanks again for your much needed advice (as always!).

I'm not sure if this is the same thing as Sam78s'.

It appears he had a directions meeting letter, whereas mine is a 'Notice of Pre Trial Review'

I've done a bit of reading on the forums and noted the post on 'Prelim/Directions hearings', but there is not much in the way of 'Pre Trial Reviews' - are they one and the same? (Seems odd that they'd use different standard letters for the same procedure).

Ironically one of the few I did find, is scheduled for the same day in the same court! I'll be keeping an eye on Oyster's thread until then http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/79943-no-aq-straight-pre.html?highlight=trial+review

smellipants, here's the Court's own procedures : CPR - Parts and Practice Directions

I Googled "CPR trial review" and it came up with the Multi Track rules, but you are SCC. So I suspect that yours is a good old Preliminary Hearing (see CPR 27.6). If in doubt, ring the Court. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Well I gave the court a call this morning asking for clarification of what I need to do, and what I can expect from the 'pre-trial review', and it does sound like a prelim hearing. The nice lady at the court basically said you'll just pop in, see the judge, and he'll decide how the case progresses from there (Sounds easy, right? :p) . I don't need to do anything further until the court date on 13th July. (Other than sift through the forums and prepare all I need to).

Now 3 months is quite a long time to sit around twiddling my thumbs; does anyone have any positive experience of sending the Abbey solicitors a letter offering a chance to settle...err.. . pre pre trial?

• 2 months later...

Just realised that since I started this whole court proceedings thing, the Shabbey have levied another couple of charges on my account. Question is - can I write to them saying I will be claiming these charges as well (even though the court process has started - can you change the amount you are claiming at this stage)? Should I phone them and ask for them to be refunded? Not quite sure how to play it so if anyone has any advice, be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Since posting this I had another look at my statement, and it turned out I went 70 pence over my overdraft limit, and they charged me £50! - I had smoke coming out of my ears so phoned them up and they will now cancel those fees :)

PS: I sent a nudging letter to the Abbey about a week ago suggesting they might like to settle early - still waiting for a response :)