Mother in Law vs Barclays

oz4725
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys

You guys are giving me great heart to pursue this on behalf of my mother in law. Story so far: She walked into her local bank and asked for last 6years statements. 3 days later they arrived in the post from Customer Services at Leicester. They debited £5 from her account for doing this. I've spent 2 weeks going over this site reading all i can. I've done her Prelim Letter and a schedule of charges. On her statements it doesn't specify what the charge is for, it just states PAID REFERRAL 1@ £20/£25/£30. Does it matter that i cant specify what each charge is in relation to? The spread sheet has added all this upto £1510. I have deleted the 8% interest column at this stage. Am i on track so far guys before i post off the Prelim Letter and copy of Schedule of charges? All guidance gratefully accepted

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in english thank a soldier.

The ones I found on my statements are:

Transaction Charge, Referral Fee, Unauthorised Overdraft Charge

Also look out for Unpaid Outs

No you dont have to relate the charge to a how specific transaction came to take place you just need the date, the value of the charge and the description of the charge.

Peter

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

Falcom, Laineybelle

Thanks very much guys, the letters have just gone via recorded post. I was sure i had done everything as per this sites laid out format, guess i just needed a confidence boost! Thanks again guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Advice required please guys!!

Last week i sent a prelim letter and a copy of the charges spreadsheet to barclays. Today i have received a pretty standard letter from the saying that:

"they are sorry about the level of service i feel i've had bla bla bla. We are looking into it and will be in touch by 21st Feb 07. If i want to ring here's the number"

In my view they had 14 days (upto 7th Feb) to respond to the prelim letter. They have responded but not to my satisfaction and i want to stick to my timings not there's, so do i show good grace and wait until 07/02/07 before sending the LBA or go ahead and send it now?

Also, when i receieved my printouts via an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), they came from Leicester. That is the address i sent my prelim letter to, and where i got my response from. From reading many threads on this site, i've noticed people are using the HQ Address in London, do i send my LBA to London or leicester. My thought is for continuity stick with Leicester but i'm wide open for your thoughts guys.

Thanks guys

Oz

Barclays have a litigation and disputes department in london, when you are at court stage it is most likely that barclays will ask you to send all future documents there when they file the defence. Maybe it would be wise to start now so none of your documents are lost in being transferred there.

Barclays Bank PLC

litigation and disputes

one churchill place

London

E14 5HP

To follow my progress http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/23358-msa-barclays-bank.html 6 days till court.

Thanks MSA

I'll send my LBA to the address you have given with a copy of the reply to the prelim attached,i guess that way they can liase between themselves and london cant blame leicester or vise versa for any delays. I've decided to wait the full 14 days before sending the LBA then i know they have a minimum of 28 days notice of any action that i take and i can never be classed as unreasonable should it end up in court. Please correct me if i'm wrong MSA (or anyone else for that matter)!!!

PS

Is anyone else on the verge of divorce because this site is so addictive and engrossing!!!!! My OH says that if Barclays dont see me in court she will!!!! (her bark has always been worse than her bite!!!!)

Cheers guys

Oz

Hello to all

I've just had a sunday morning panic attack and could do with some help if poss!!

The claim this thread relates too is for £1510 (If it goes small claim about £1800-1900)

My mother in law has a barclay loan for £2k which because she is now ill, not working and on benefits the insurance policy has kicked in and is paying it each month. When this unlawful charges claim is successful, can they demand repayment of the loan using the money she will rightfully claim back thru her current account???

If so i may as well stop the claim and wait till the loans paid off. Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

Oz

Any ideas on the above guys, does anyone know if it will be in one hand and out the other?

Thanks

Oz

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update as to what is happening with regards to my mother in law versus Barclays.

I've not been to well over the last few weeks and i took my eye of the ball for a while.

We hadn't heard anything from Barclays after we sent the Prelim letter and by rights i should have sent the LBA letter 2weeks ago, but as i said, i've not been to clever.

Anyway last night, feeling good, i did the LBA and schedule of charges and had them ready to post this morning when Mr Postman brings us a letter from Barclays offering £785 (The claim is for £1510).

I dont believe they should get away with half so do i amend the LBA to read that we will accept this £785 as a partial payment and then give them 14 days to cough up the rest, or do i phone them as some people have done in the past and say £785 isn't good enough.

Also, this letter has come from Retail Banking Customer Relations in Swansea even though all correspondance so far has gone to Head Office address in London. Has anyone else had dealings with Swansea, and is there any reason why it would be switched to Swansea?

Keep to your schedule, and don't phone them. They WILL withdraw the 1/2 offer, so no point in wasting your time. Amend the LBA to include the part acceptance, and carry on.

Quite a few of the settlements have come from Swansea, so who knows their internal workings? Don't let that worry you, it's of no consequence to you.

Take care of your health, you're not home yet with that one, Barclays will delay until about 1 week before court date. :rolleyes:

Thanks bookworm!

Pretty much done as you've said, more than prepared for the long haul! Just had radiation treatment again so as well as glowing in the dark, i'm sat at home going stir crazy! So all this more than fills my time!