Grrr... are they stalling?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my Data Protection Act letter to the Halifax with the instruction "please accept this letter as my authority to deduct the £10 fee from the above account". I got a leter yesterday telling me that they charge £5 for this service, and needed my authority to go ahead either in writing or on their telephone banking service. Final paragrapgh says we're taking no further action until we receive such authority. I rang them straight away and gave it, told them I was annoyed that i HAD given authority but they ignored it. The very nice lady said I'd given authority for £10 and not £5. Oh come on!!!

I wouldn't mind, but my other account is at the MCOL stage and they didn't charge me at all, same for my OH's account.

Do I stick to my 40 days?

Thanks in advance.

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

Well, got my statements this morning and added up (£546 this time). Just a thought... is it worth just sending an LBA ie. giving them just 14 days rather than 14 then another 14? Anyone tried this, or any thoughts?

Halifax Current Account

The tried and tested way is the prelim, then lba.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I realise that, and have successfully gone that route with another account, I was just wondering whether anyone has done it any other way. People on moneysavingexpert.com are reclaiming writing their own letters and getting results so I was wondering whether anyone on here had done the same, and whether there was any legal requirement to warn them, then warn them again.

Halifax Current Account

The way I see it, by following the 28 (14+14) day route you are giving the bank ample time to come to an agreement. Any less and you could set yourself up to be a test case that you didn't give the bank time to respond.

For me, it's the tried and tested - if it ain't broke, why fix it?

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

• 1 month later...

Well., sent my LBA on Friday, and Saturday got a letter offering me £642, £30 less than the full amount. I rang and spoke immediately to the man who signed it, who immediately agreed to pay the full amount. He said straight away he remembered the case, thought how daft it was that the computer had spit out that figure, how daft it was that he had to send out the letter, and had expected me to pick up the phone as soon as I got it!

No problems, the money will be in the account within 14 days.

Off to London for a long, much deserved, child-free weekend very soon, so Happy Days.

Thanks everyone for reading.

Halifax Current Account