Stoney -vs- ASDA StoreCard

Movingon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an Asda Storecard, fairly new, and they have lobbed a £12 late payment fee on there. Oh, no - I don't think so. Straight in there with the letter. This is a very confrontational letter; if you're new to this and don't want to mess it up, make sure you stick with the templates on the site.

Dear Sirs

PENALTY CHARGES

I note from my latest statement that you have levied a “Late Payment Fee” of £12 dated 2nd Jan 2007. When I opened my Asda Storecard account with you, it was an implied term of the agreement that you would conduct yourselves lawfully as the administrators of this credit facility; and I am therefore shocked that you would levy such a charge. You will remember that the OFT Statement on Default Charges of April 2006 made quite clear that these charges are unlawful – and further stated that the absolute maximum that could be charged before they themselves took legal action was £12.

Rest assured that I have no such limit. I believe that this charge vastly exceeds your liquidated losses, incurred as a result of my breach, and therefore I can confirm that unless you can show me figures which support this level of charge – including a complete and exhaustive schedule of the exact costs to which you have been put, I shall not be paying it. I would therefore suggest that the most sensible course would be for you to remove it from my account forthwith.

I look forward to your reply, confirming the removal of the charge, before the end of January 2007.

Yours faithfully,

Yes by all means; but that's nothing to do with the initial charge (which is levied unlawfully thus PROMPTING me to write). It's not a chicken and egg argument; their charge came and then I wrote. If they levied charges which were realistically set then I would not write :)