Natwest charges

Helen_Mary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send your own:

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX.

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge) However I will only accept an unconditional offer and will therefore not be signing your acceptance agreement

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentiality clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, (insert settlement figure) in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much Michael. I would like to send a copy of this letter, because it can deceive anyone who hasn't the experience of dealing with these issues.

The form they gave me to sign gives you the impression that it is only regarding the settlement, they have included a Ref:No, which isn't on the letter that came with it. I know it is illegal for us to sign an agreement we haven't been given the opportunity to read fully, and I am concerned that the letter with that ref:No on, is a more indepth contract we are agreeing to. If I delete my private detail,I would willingly send a copy and fax it to anyone interested for future reference. Also, the way they word it, people can be lead to believe they are only signing for the settlement.

Most of these people have no one to help, and I am so greatful for all support and advice given, I will be back when I get a reply.

Guest NATTIE

the reference number is a Customer Relations unit one and should make it easier for them to identify which case it is. Hope that clarifies that point. The letter Michael has put for you does not waive your right to claim again in the future IF that is necessary for you to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

..."My offer was in full and final settlement with payment to the account designated and I regret that unless it is accepted in that manner it will be necessary to withdraw it. In the circumstances the offer is open for the next 10 days at which stage it will be withdrawn."

What should I do now??

I had sent letter No 1, 2. this is the reply to my third letter not accepting their terms and conditions, only the charges and they were giving me 8 weeks to reply. I recieved their letter today, stating they would not accepting my offer, they are now giving me 10 days to reply. do I now take them to court, if so how do I start legal procedings?

thank you Mr Browne. How do I get a claim number. When I get two copies of the MCOL do I send one to the address on the letter, but do I send a copy of this letter to the person who has been dealing with my claim at Customer Relations. If not, The bank has only given me 10 days to reply after which they will withdraw their offer. Should I worry about this deadline or not?

Can I just recap to see if I've got this right.

The bank has offered full settlement of all your charges.

You sent them a letter accepting this, but only for these charges and without confidentiality etc.

They've now refused to accept your conditions and have given you 10 days to reply if you want to accept on thier previous conditions

Is this right so far?

Can I just recap to see if I've got this right.

The bank has offered full settlement of all your charges.

You sent them a letter accepting this, but only for these charges and without confidentiality etc.

They've now refused to accept your conditions and have given you 10 days to reply if you want to accept on thier previous conditions

Is this right so far?

Yes everything you said is right exactly.

Ok, that's fine. In reply to post#63:

How do I get a claim number.

You will be given one when you press thge submit button and the claim is accepted.

When I get two copies of the MCOL do I send one to the address on the letter,

Not sure what you mean by this. After filing you send 2 copies of your schedule of charges to MCOL

but do I send a copy of this letter to the person who has been dealing with my claim at Customer Relations. If not, The bank has only given me 10 days to reply after which they will withdraw their offer. Should I worry about this deadline or not?

No, they've said they'll withdraw the offer, so you're taking them at their word and filing a claim instead.

Hello Mr Browne, I am in a dilema at the moment, I was in the process of registering on MCOL and I am all for going the full hog. My husband now wants to accept their offer and terms and says if we now control our overdraft so we don't go over, we won't get any charges. He also says that if they charge us from now on it is still illegal by law to do so. I have said, it is still illegal but with our written concent we won't be able to claim any charges we receive from now on, or can take them to court.

This is just the single account, I haven't received the Joint reply to my first letter yet. I really don't want to mess this up.

I would really appreciate your advice about accepting their offer and terms.

It's entirely up to you whether you accept their offer or continue for full settlement. If you do accept, don't sign their acceptance letter, send your own:

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX.

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge) However I will only accept an unconditional offer and will therefore not be signing your acceptance agreement

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentiality clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

Hello Mr Browne, thank you again for the help you have given me. I have found HMCS Money claim online, if I am in the right place, I was in the process of registering and will give full detail of claim etc. They ask for Credit card details, I have been reading so much info, but I still don't know how much they want me to pay.

I would be greateful if you would confirm if I am doing right so far, If not please re-direct me.

And would you know how much I pay them. The application said I will receive my claim no, etc when I have given them the card details. If I am still getting this all wrong, please help.