Vicki V Halifax (LBA runs out today!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can get an account quite easily with the Natwest online. You should include all the interest debited on your spreadsheet together with the charges. Once your 28 days is up issue issue issue adding the 8% interest and suddenly your finances will seem a whole lot rosier! I would add the paragraph onto your claim about being paid by cheque if you dont want to risk Halifax just paying it into your account and grabbing it all again

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

...as AWC says they may hand it over to a collections agency eventually. With regards to being in dispute why not PM a Mod if you can find nothing on the FAQs. Just keep going........... Sally

IMHO surely if the LBA has expired, now is the time to submit the MCOL / N1. If this is the case and Vicki is at the stage of pusuing settlement through the courts, then the account is in dipute and cannot be passed toa DCA - or am I way off the mark with this line of thought..??:confused:

Survivor 8)

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I started filinh my MCOL last night, going to try and get it finished tonight. Wages are now getting paid into a second account. I will pay them back the money I owe - using the money I get from the claim, so its up to them, the quicker they pay out the quicker they get their money back, simple :grin: . So do you think the best course of action is to send them a letter saying I wont enter into negotiations until I recieve all the charges as i believe the account is in dispute?

No I wouldn't bother if it were me. You have written twice, right? Stick to the guidelines which have worked for people in the past. If you start writing extra letters now they will realise that you are letting go of your control of this situation and will mess you about. Silence can speak volumes. Let MCOL do the talking for you. Oh and don't forget to send (2 or is it 3 copies) of your spreadsheets to the court when appropriate. I am fairly certain one has to go to the court when you have a court number with covering letter so they can match it to your MCOL. Then one goes to their solicitor when you know who it is. If you file it tomorrow it will be deemed to have been served within the following 5 days. From the Date of Service they then have 14 days to say they will defend and a further 14 days to actually do so, so by the end of February it should be all done and dusted:razz:

Woohoo! Sally sas, can you help with this, just reading jonni2bads particulars of a claim and the final bit says ' cost allowed by the court', can you explain, do i have to enter anything here ? Its not highlighted red or anything but wanted to double check before I submit, Ta x

I dont think you can add the cheque bit into the particulars if you file online because it restricts you to the number of lines you can use. Thats why Johnnys are worded the way they are to stick to the number. Costs are only paid if you have a Sols acting for you. You will get the Court fee back which is calculated when you fill the claim in and added to the total. This is all done for you so dont worry. When you come to settle (soon now baby) make sure you say you want the agreed sum paid by way of cheque not a credit into your account. You can do this on your form of acceptance. Hope this helps

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06