jones vs HSBC

forever young
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Clint,

Have you hear anything yet? Any offers?

I haven't heard a thing...

Halifax Card: Claim served 30th Mar - they met 2nd AQ deadline - waiting for Directions/Court Date

Monument Card: Claim served 30th Mar - Directions taken - 14 + 14 day deadline 18th June - settlement signed & waiting for cheque

CitiCards: Claim served 6th April - Defendant's docs (only) to be received by 25th June - case back to Judge 2nd July

A+L (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 16th April - Claim settled 4th June (on the defence deadline)

Debenhams Store Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 17th Feb - Claim settled on 14th Mar (3 days before LBA deadline)

MINT Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 8th Feb - claim settled 14th Apr (1 day after defence deadline)

HSBC (SETTLED FOR 8% INTEREST): Prelim sent 15th Jan - claim settled 18th May (after AQ deadline)

received my acknowledgement today. Can anyone give me info for timelines.

The acknowledgement of service copy is dated 13th feb signed by Deb D'Aubney, and the box intend to defend is ticked.

Do I have 28 days from this date?

What will happen next.

Can anybody help. thanks.

• Preliminary letter sent 15/01/2007 received 16/01/2007 :cool:
  • LBA sent 29/01/2007 received 30/01/2007 8-)
  • Mcol filed on 12/02/2007 8-) acknowledged 14/02/2007

now, send the courts 2 copies of your breakdown, with a reference to your claim number - asking for them to be attached to your claim - use the address on the paperwork. also, send dg - address on pg 2 of your acknowl. 1 copy of your breakdown - with claim ref. no.

the date of issue is the counting date - they now have 28 days from that date to file a defense - this is the long wait. just use the time to read other threads and get a feel for what may come next if they don't offer before they file a defense - which lately - very few offers come before the 28 days is up. patience is a virtue!

thanks laterlus for your quick reply. Date of issue would be 12th Feb then. Copies already sent to court, will post copy to DG. Undestand they are filing defence at last minute! Mrs Jones here so I am trying to get a grips with it myself. Once defence is filed what happens then?

well that's easy this month - 28 days will be 12th Mar.

yes, they usually do file at the last minute.

once defense is filed you receive from courts a transfer to local court, a copy of their (hsbc) defense, and an allocation questionaire which will need to be sent in (with £100 if the claim is over 1500) in about 2 weeks from receiving it. hopefully, you'll get an offer before it is due - but if not, we are here and will help you fill it in (very easy - just a couple of things we add), and that's it - also, during that time you'll be bugging dg - hoping for an offer - more about that later - just read other threads - some who have just moved to that next stage just passed yours are: netty, rundl, beresd, johnnymitch, noel and a stack of others - so no shortage of reading material. just read and chill for a couple of weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

28 days is up today!!. getting ready to do the AQ. Looks like thats the way it's going. Haven't heard anything from anybody since started claiming, just one letter with the leaflet to read!! from Colin.

did you try pressing the judgment button - if it's too early it won't let you press and if they have filed a defense - then it will say you can't continue.

if they defend - you'll get paperwork including aq in about 2-3 days. it will be due in about 2 weeks - so no rush to get it in - just don't miss the deadline.

I keep pressing it, just for fun, but nothing as of yet. They will probably enter defence at midnight. I am waiting up just in case they forget. If they don't file a defence tonight will I win or can they apply for more time to enter their defence ?

the button will let you know - if the judgment is accepted - then - talk about an anti-climax - the judge usually gives them an extra 7 days to file anyway! yes, i know, we've all said the same ! how silly is that. i've been watching this stuff for about 9 months now and i only saw two get their judgments that way. they will defend - you'll get the aq to fill in. but press it regardless.

Hello All,

I don't want to put a dampner on proceedings but HSBC have 28 days from date of service not date of issue. My claim was issed on 13th Feb and acknowledged on 15th but not officially served until 18th Feb. This means they have until 18th March to defend (although as this is a sunday they will have to by 16th)

As you are only 1 day ahead of me it's likely they have until the end of the week....keep holding on it won't be long now!

wel it seems andy is right i still cant press the judgement button yet so AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.:mad:...

there i feel better now :) cheers andy for the info, altho im not sure but wont they have till the following monday rather than the friday?

well even when they do miss the 28 deadline the banks seem to get away with it......having looked at other threads they generally seem to defend a couple of days before. Someone (I forget who) who is 2 days ahead of me received defense on friday so hopefully we will hear today or tomorrow. Will let you know as soon I know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AQ deadline was 1st April. have phoned Court and DG had not submitted their AQ. Have sent the nudge letter to DG and emailed too!, but have still heard nothing from DG. STILL WAITING!!!

ring the court on tues and ask if they have and then say - "so, could you please tell me what happens next?" you might mention the unless letter.

When you have filed your AQ................ (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

see post 1 for some court speak. you are just trying to push that bit forward a little as well - not so much as because you want to file a default - more because you want to use the info to prod dg into and offer.

ok i have just got off the phone to the court......it seems dg have filed their aq and it is now waiting for the judge, the lady said it will be a couple of weeks before we hear from them :Cry: