C L Finance Ltd

Cosmic55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning PSOBRO.

Your post concerns me a great deal.

If you have trawled the forum you will have found many postings relative to

CL Finance/Lewis Group/Welcome?Howard Cohen/Cattles et al

As far as I understand CL Finance purchase delinquent accounts from original credit providers and use HC as their para-military wing to collect.

Now if we assume the latter is a reputable company (stop laughing at the back there!) how, in terms of the laws of this country, can they collude with the Land Registry to impose a charging order on your property?

As far as I am aware, the Land Registry is just another government organization, making occasional errors, but certainly not sending out letters at the behest of some two bit solicitor.

In my limited knowledge of English Law I would have thought such an order could only be sent at the insruction of a County Court judge.

Perhaps I am wrong, and if so I would be hopeful the facts could be posted.

Just one thing comes to mind - a Letter Before Action. Did you get one?

As one of CL's better known deals is buying debt from GE (after the latter saw the American effluvia approaching the fan about a year ago) is it possible you had a store card - great profit eraners for GE until the stores started dumping them - which you had overlooked?

No criticism intended PSOBRO - there are plenty of folk here who will help you with your problem - my concern is the law of the land (which seems to be fast disappearing in a Brussels direction anyway.)

Good luck!

Vandermerwe

• 8 months later...

I've just had an alert to say something had changed on my credit file.

Looking into it this evening, C L FINANCE LTD had updated my account on the 17/08 this year stating my account was satisfied however they have also defaulted my account too.

I was in arrears of £251 on 04/05/05 and as far as I was concerned the account had been settled and they were satisified.

Does anyone have any ideas what I do now.... Please

From a very annoyed consumer

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a letter from the solicitors for CL Finanace ltd, caliming that I owe £ 345.

Now here is the rub, I had a Lombard tricity store card, which was cleared and closed - I have never had any dealing with GE capital and definitely non so with CL Finance - yet apparently there is a debt ?

Can anyone make a suggest as where to go with this, as I can not get in contact with CLF's solicitors and isa this common occurence with this comapny ????

Hi seshinlondon

Sounds like you've run up against the Yorkshire Mafia.

CL - in all probability - will have bought the debt as part of a job lot.

And I'd like to bet their solicitors are none other than the famed in house crowd of Howard Cohen.

Let me know if I am correct - then sit back for a day and read all the, er, effluvia about them on the site.

Good luck, you'll win

Vandermerwe

• 11 months later...

We have a similer problem with C L Finance Limited

We wish we knew about this site earlier. This would save a lot of headache for us.

My wife, Louise, had a Store card back in 1994 for which we made a reduced arrangement in 01/11/99 due to some financial dificulties, and paying by standing order ever since. Can’t even remember which store it was but we suspect its Debenhams but they have sold this debt. Not sure how many times it was sold but it ended up with CL Finance Limited. For some reason they have reported it to Experian. We only found this out when we were about to remortgage our property in January 2009. Previously, I remortgaged in February 2007 and fixed it for two years, without any problem.

This is what is recorded there;

Name:

M

Address:

Date of birth:

Company name:

C L FINANCE LTD

Account type:

Credit card / Store card

Special Instruction Indicator:

Arrangement

Special Instruction Start Date:

01/11/1999

Started:

28/10/1994

Current Balance:

£1,305

Credit Limit:

£2,200

File Updated for the Period to:

02/08/2009

Status history:

[] brackets indicate most recent months status

[ 6] 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 What's this?

Now can they report such an old debt to Experian? Its definitely done after Feb/07.

I would grateful for any advice from the members of this forum, which may help me to get out of this situation..................

• 4 weeks later...
hi - i understand the advice to write a formal letter but i need to speak to CL Finance really urgently as their solicitor is hassling me and i now have a court claim form. I had been dealing with payplan but they have been as useful as a chocolate teapot and i now want to try and deal direct.

Any tel no. would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I had a letter from them today for a demand ..have no idea what it is for.. but anyway has a tel no on it here it is..01274850346.. goodluck

• 1 year later...

:-):-):-):-)

The problem i have is that about 4 years ago i defaulted with 2 G E Capital store cards, once they defaulted i paid them up and i beleive i may still have the satifaction letter somewhere. Checking my experian credit report they now show that they have gone back to default, the time before i checked my credit the showed as satified.

Does any one have the phone No for C L Finance Ltd so i can contact them.

Your help would be most greatful, Once again C L Finance cause me stress.:-x

Many Thanks in Advance

• 1 year later...

If you lot want to stop all these texes add their mobile numbers to: whoscallingme com OR sign up to every type of loans / PPI's / Pensions etc etc USING THEIR NUMBERS then let them know you gave out their number and will carry on until they finally stop. it took me 3 months and now junk texes free. trust me by asdding their number to just one site leads to bombardment of their own backfire and their not pleased about keep buying new sim cards. play them at their own game.