43rooler v Barclays

43rooler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:cool: Hi all

I Have just input all the Unauthorised Overdraft Fees and Paid Refferals into the Excel complex-bank-charges-calc and although the Total is correct, the Interest Tab shows errors. I know it's not important right now but would apreciate help with this at a later stage from any Excel experts out there.

As soon as I have double checked all my entries I will send prelim letter but I see from reading threads here, there are two possible addresses I could send it to...

Barclays Bank PLC

Retail Banking Cutomer Relations

Leister

LE87 2BB

or

Freepost RLTA-CSUE-TCHC

Barclay Bank PLC

Head Office Customer Relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Which address is best? Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freepost RLTA-CSUE-TCHC

Barclay Bank PLC

Head Office Customer Relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

It is Freepost so will save some money as well!!

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

Thank you Simpson and mumofthreeboys for your help. I noticed that I have mistakenly put the same post twice. oops! sorry, I did try to delete 1 of them but couldn't see how to do it.

Again from reading threads the advice is not to ask for interest back at the prelim letter (step 2) but reading over this letter template @ sub heading ....

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £xxxxx plus £xxxx which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

You see there is a request for interest at this stage. This is confusing me.

Could someone please clarify and explain this for me please?

Thank you and good luck to you all.

If you are claiming interest as per the complex excel sheet, this goes on the letter as the interest you are claiming. But NOT the 8%, this only goes in when you have made your court claim.

This is because you are claiming the interest back at the same rate as the bank were charging you, so you have in theory lost/not had, and is part of your hopeful pre-court stuff settlement.

When it comes to court filing, you add the 8% interest which is the court allowed interest.

Think that makes sense!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Thank you PJDavies2000 for your quick response and yes your explanation does make sense which was really good because I am want to get this done today.

I am very impressed with the CAG website and it is the best example of how the internet can be used for the good of the common people. I will definately make a donation to this wonderful website when the beasts have repaid me.

Sent my prelim letter off yesterday 10/01/2007 by recorded delivery (68p) and omitted the interest bit from the letter.

I have decided to download the simple excel spreadsheet and transfer all the charges into that in an effort to overcome the error that occured in the complex calc spreadsheet.

Encountered problems in the simple spreadsheet to. It seems that I have to put the date and charge details in the same format that the simple spreadsheet was created in so that means a lot of work as there are a lot of charges but hey, at least I will learn more about spreadsheets and I do like working things out so not too much of a bother.

Hi all

I have noticed that under my User ID it states that I am a Basic Account Customer. This is not true as I have a First Additions Account that I did not apply for, they just upraded me without my consent. How can I edit this in the CAG site?

I think you'll find that this is just to indicate the status of you ID with the CAG. The more posts (or reputations) you receive dictates what is displayed under your User ID.

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I received a reply to my prelim letter last Wednesday 17 Jan 2007. I sent prelim letter on Wednesday 10 Jan 07.

This is the reply...

Our reference x x x x x x x

16 January 2007

Dear Mr x x x x

Re Sort Code x x x x Acc xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter received at this office 16 January

I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have occured. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you as soon as possible.

May I take this opportunity to explain that whilst we endevour to respond to you within timescale outlined in your letter, we cannot guarentee that we will do so. Sometimes it does take longer to fully investigate a complaint. However we do aim to find a solution within four weeks. If we are not able to do so, we will always write to you explaining what is happening. A full report or an update on our progress will be sent to you within eight weeks.

Please refer to the enclosed leaflet which provides you with a more detailed explanation on how we deal with this matter.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0207 116 4561 or via Freephone 0800 282 390

yours sincerely

Mike Brophy

Customer Relations Manager

As I sent my prelim letter off on the 10 Jan 07 I will send LBA on 24 Jan 07 together with another copy of my Spreadsheet

Thank you all

Hi all

Wednesday 24 Jan 07 Prelim deadline expires

Thursday 25 Jan 07 Received offer of £890

LBA letter opens with

*I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the 10 January 2007

I havn’t sent this letter off yet because I will have to open it differently to *above because they have now responded to my prelim with an offer.

So do I just open the letter differently like…

Thank you for responding to my letter dated 10 Jan 2007

I will accept your offer only as part of the settlement and I will continue with my claim to recover full funds

And then add the rest of the body of text in the LBA? or is there a better way?

Many thanks

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter of the 10 January 2007

I'd open with this.;)

18/11/2006 Recieved Statements from Barclays.

20/11/2006 Sent Prelim for return of £575.

27/11/2006 Received offer of £290.

4/12/2006 Sent LBA.

8/1/2007 Filed Small Claim at court.

12/02/2007 Full settlemant from Barclay's.

12/02/2007 LBA sent to Mint.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I am now ready to issue a court claim. I have read the CAG Particulars of claim N1 hard copy version and I have just realised that I have not included Overdraft Interest

I think I overlooked this initially because I thought that as I have been overdrawn for long periods at a time and often, Barclays could argue that I have not opreated my account in a responsible manner as laid out in their Terms and Conditions.

I did not add Overdraft Interest in the schedule of charges that I sent with the Prelim letter.

Is it too late to add them now before I issue my claim?

Comments and/or advice would be very welcome. Thanks

Hi all

I have decided to do the Excel simple spreadsheet again from scratch and this time I spotted a few Paid Referrals that had been refunded. The new completed spreadsheet Total is £145 lower. I just wondered if this is going to cause me any problems as the Prelim and LBA were both accompanied by copies of the original spreadsheet?

I am about to issue a court claim. Do I need to declare that this is a new and revised schedule of charges to the Bank/Court?

43rooler

I am stuck a bit now

I am on the MCOL site now and just about to enter my particulars of claim. My claim total is now £1570 and according to the Simple Excel Spreadsheet the 8% interest is showing as £435.40 which doesnt seem right to me.

I am currently editing CAG template for particulars of claim and am unsure of what to put in

5b 'until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.xx;'

This is the only part I need to complete my MCOL

43rooler

Your interest does look high. Assuming that you charges were incurred relatively constantly during the 6 year period, sum is around 20% of the penalty sum.

I would check again, if you are having difficulties, then PM me and I will look at your spreadsheet. It may well be that they are correct if you incurred lots of charges on in the early years. I have a claim going back 10 or so years and the interest is more than the penalty sum claimed.

As to 5b, after you are happy with your interest calculation, just alter the date at the top of spreadsheet by one day and take that away from the previous interest total, this then gives you the sum interest accrues at per day.

As you are using MCOL you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I omitted to mention on the email because you used a different spreadsheet to mine that your daily rate (5b) would be £435.40 x 0.00022 = .10p per day.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks GuidoT

I have received Notice that Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed (dated 21 Feb 2007)

I have not received an AQ yet, does this mean that the bank has not filed a defence yet? and if/when they do, I will then receive an AQ?

any comments would be apreciated

hi

you could always phone the courts where your claim is and ask one of the staff, they will be more than happy to help.

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)