Court fees- does anyone know what..........

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does any one know what the current cut off is for earnings levels?

on the court form EX160A court fees do you have to pay them? it says

"You will be exempt from paying a fee if :

4. either

• your gross annual income is less than the current cut-off* and you receive Working

Tax Credit with a 'disability element' or 'severe disability element';

or

• your gross annual income is less than the current cut-off* and you and your partner

receive Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit between you."

however it doesnt say what the cut off is. both me and my partner are on a slightly low income and have 2 children as a result we recieve working families and child tax credits . it would be of great help if we can get assistance with the court fees as as although we can claim them back youve gotta have the money in the first place to start the claim and we have got 5 claims that we are looking at proceeding with against various financial institutions

any advice that can be offered would be great

thanks

paul. (pt2537)

The fee you will have to pay to the court will depend on the amount you are claiming, including interest. You will have to pay a court fee unless:

• you or your partner receive Income Support;
  • you or your partner receive Pension Credit guarantee credit;
  • you receive Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance;
  • your gross annual income is £15,050 or less, and you receive Working Tax Credit with a ‘disability element’ or ‘severe disability element’;
  • your gross annual income is £15,050 or less and you and your partner receive Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit between you;

If you show that the payment of a court fee would involve undue hardship to you, the Court Manager may reduce the fee or “remit” (say you do not have to pay) the fee.

I would presume the cut off is the £15,000 as above so if you are below this you should be ok hope this helps.

thanks morgan054 .

luckily this year due to illness our income is below the 15000.00 level so thats great news.

although last year i was slightly above 15000 i think it was around 15885 would this make any difference or is it just the income for the financial year that we are in?

my biggest problem is my income is up and down as i only get paid for the work i do so if im off work sick or theres no work then i dont get paid so its hard to say what my exact yearly income

any way thanks for getting back to me.

regards

paul

Have a look in here for more info County Court Fees but just checking on fees/exemption and it states

Your gross annual income is less than £15460 and you and your partner receive Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit between you.

HM Revenue & Customs send you an award notice that shows your annual income. This is your gross annual income. If it is more than £15,460, the court may suggest that you apply for remission. If you receive Working Tax Credit, the award notice will show if you receive a 'disability element' or 'severe disability element'

So you may not be far away as this amount differs from the earlier amount, have you got your last P60

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know whether as a single parent full time mature student on housing benefit but not income support until the summer holidays, I will qualify for full remission of fees. I am due to hand in my N1 next Monday so quick advice would be gratefully received.

Hi ,

its calculated upon your income level so you really need to fill in an EX160a form from the courts which is the form to be exempted from fees,i would call your local county court and ask them as you know how much income you have coming into your family . the court will tell you if you qualify for fee exemption and they will send you the form as well. you will need to produce proof of income for the court when you file your N1 and EX160a

i hoe this helps

paul

Thank you very much for your really quick response, I did ring the court and they have said I need to complete the exemption form and hand it in at the same time as the N1, they said they would make an assessment there and then, but to be prepared to make a payment on the day if necessary. I am hoping that they will see my student income is comparable to IS and that I wont be charged. My concern is that I have recently read that I cant claim for my charges back in the case of a small claim in the courts!

Thanks again for your help.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know whether as a single parent full time mature student on housing benefit but not income support

Have you actually applied for income support? By my understanding (currently trying to get into uni on clearing) the loans and some of the grants don't count towards benefits calculations - only the Special Support Grant/Maintenance Grant and any bursaries count. The adult learning allowance or any childcare stuff isn't counted. Might be another few quid in it for you to help you get by!