Contractual Interest & Large/Over 6 year claims

Soulfish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Firstly I’d just like to say how great this site is :). It’s been a great help while I’ve been doing my research over the past 3 months over what I can do/what I can claim back and why etc. I like to be fully in the know before I do anything!

Anyway, I’m helping my mum reclaim her bank charges and we’ve just sent off the Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Woolwich, but I suspect that the charges applied to the account since opened in 1990 would be in the region of 14-20k, with about 4-7k in the last six years. After reading a lot about contractual interest I’m very interested in going for this as well, but as you may be able to tell contractual interest on this claim would make it huge!

I’m currently looking at splitting the case into two – pre & post 2001. Just doing some basic calculations on the pre 2001 charges with contractual interest puts the total amount over £100k. Obviously this seems quite a large amount to ask for, and from what I’ve been reading it seems quite complicated to go after more then 15k with a lot more risk involved. Does anyone know what the largest amount someone has claimed back and won was? And anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed with this?

I’m going to be doing a lot of research while I wait for the statements to arrive, but I just wanted to get everyones take on the situation and what people feel would be the best course of action. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

It certainly does appear that we have quite a bit in common with regards to large & old claims with contractual interest. I'll contact dj59 and see if he has any other info :)

Anyone else have some extra info with regards to the costs/process of submitting a claim over £15k? Anyone know what the largest claims to date both with and without contractual interest are?

Thanks,

John

• 1 month later...