• Tweets

• Just ridicule them about their rubbish PCN (without begin too specific) and the the Unicorn Food Tax they've added.
    • you wont be bargaining with the police where did you get that idea from? it wasnt a bobby with a handheld, it was a gantry camera i suspect. all thats done in court to the judge at the hearing. dx  
    • Well, it's good that you have five days before you're supposed to go there, there is time enough to sort things out.  See if Booking.com rear their head tomorrow.
    • It is an interesting Final Notice. Firstly because there is usually a reminder Notice before the final Notice. Secondly because it contains some of the wording that should be in the original PCN [aka Notice to keeper]. It could be that the necessary wording in the NTK is missing so they put it in the Reminder Notice to cover their error. If they have it hasn't worked. But the only wat we will know if you post up the back page of the Notice to keeper along with the other details asked for on Post 8 .  If they have got it wrong it means that they are unable to transfer the liability to pay the PCN from the driver to the keeper . I take it that you are the keeper and not the hirer? And do you know how long you are supposed to stay in that car park? In the past I have found Sainsbury's pretty good at cancelling PCNs for their customers. Take both PCNs in to the store and point out if you are a regular customer and that the driver spent a lot of money in their store and see if they could please do something with the ticket for you. if the manager can't help, then come back and we will give you their Head office and write to them. It is the easiest and quickest way to get the ticket cancelled. No point in appealing since that would mean they lose the chance to make any money out of you which is their whole reason for running the car park. If you cannot get Sainsbury to cancel then we rely on ECP getting things wrong so that you don't have to pay  on a technicality or technicalities. For example if the PCN does not comply with the Act and the keeper is not then liable it makes it difficult for ECP to win should it go to court as so many people are legally able to drive your car and Courts do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person. Which is why we do need to see the questionnaire filled in and the rest of the NTK. Also it would be helpful to get photos of the signs in the car park. Ones that can be read by us, and the sign at the entrance as well as the inside ones especially those that are worded differently. Poor signage is another defence that works well and you will  need a good defence should they decide to go to Court.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Marcus2k7 V's Halifax Plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Just looking sor some advice........

I wrote to the Halifax on 18th December 2006 about the bank charges, giving them 14 days to reply (bad choice of date to do this on I know) and also requested copies of missing statements. Today I received a letter offering me an amount which is no where near what I've paid them in charges over the last six years. I would like to know the best course of action to follow now as I can't submit another letter to them with the correct amount of charges owing as I do not have my statements. I've requested these again but could take a while to come through.

Many Thanks

Marc

Hi Guys

Just looking sor some advice........

I wrote to the Halifax on 18th December 2006 about the bank charges, giving them 14 days to reply (bad choice of date to do this on I know) and also requested copies of missing statements. Today I received a letter offering me an amount which is no where near what I've paid them in charges over the last six years. I would like to know the best course of action to follow now as I can't submit another letter to them with the correct amount of charges owing as I do not have my statements. I've requested these again but could take a while to come through.

Many Thanks

Marc

Hi Marcus

What did you write in your first letter then, did you give them a list of charges? if you didnt have the statements in the first place how do you know the offer is far below what your charges were?

The steps you need to take are all listed in the forums mate, you should read through and familiarise yourself then make your approach

Good Luck

1. if you didnt have your statements to start with http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

2. after finding all your charges from your statements

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

3. after 14 days if no reply/ unsatisfactory reply

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Hi Marc,

Have you read the FAQ's and step by step instructions? It is worth taking time to read these and some threads on the Halifax forum.

What did you claim in the letter you sent on Dec 18th? Was it just a guess?

You need your statements first before doing anything, then when you know the exact amount and dates of all the charges you can start your claim. If you have requested your statements using the SAR letter from here and enclosed the £10 fee, Halifax are legally obliged to send you the information within 40 days. While you are waiting for the statements get yourself armed with as much knowledge as you can. If you get things wrong the bank will know you haven't done your homework and will try to find ways out of paying you back.

Good luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Gang

To cut a long story short.....

Halifax Owe Me £641 in charges (excluding interest). Received letter offering £391 as a 'gesture of goodwill' which I'm declining... obviously!! Anyone know how I should word this letter and advise I'm sticking out for the whole lot?

Many Thanks

Marc

hi marcus and good luck! if you go to the templates library there are letters there to get you started. i think you should say you accept the offer as partial payment but will pursue recovery of all other charges thru the courts....there are really helpful people on here - im at the 1st stage, just sent off request for statem,ents. but i have done A LOT of reading, it does help getting your head round things. read as many halifax threads as u can, and you will get all the advice u need. Good luck!

Jen

statement request - 8th jan

statements received- 13th jan

prelim sent - 22nd jan

Did you send them a SAR from our site? If so, count 2 days from sending it in order for them to have received the request, and then count 40 days - that is the deadline for them to comply.

Don't worry about their offer until you have the statements - you have no need to react to their letters in any form of deadline - only YOUR deadlines will count from now on...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on if you want to do mcol or N1. Have you decided which you are wanting to do. I personally found N1 easy, and i also had the court people helped with any questions i had.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

This is the letter you will need for mcol

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

I must admit i dont know much about mcol, but im sure if you get stuck there wi be someone who can walk you through it.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yes....

You can claim for the interest that the bank applied to your account solely due to the charges, i.e. NOT for general interest which occurred simply because you had gone overdrawn.

This, generally speaking, is more complicated to work out because you should ideally know what APR they charged you for general overdraft rates and for 'over limit' rates - unless, of course, you are one of the 'lucky' ones whose statements break this figure down for you.

The spreadsheets available on the site should help to work parts of this out - there are various options.

Other users have also been claiming for contractual rates. This takes careful consideration and you must be fully aware of the ups and downs of doing so - there are plenty of threads on the subject that can help you decide if that is a path you would like to follow.

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... quick question for those who have filed a claim using Money Claim Online........

I have checked the status of my claim online and there is a new hyperlink available under Judgement entitled 'Start'. When I click on the link I am presented with a choice of two buttons... those being

Do you wish to enter Judgment by Default or by Admission? Please select one of the options below:

spacer.gif The defendant has not filed an admission or defence to my claim

(Judgment by Default)

spacer.gif

You will need to decide, how and when you want the defendant to pay. You can ask for the Judgment to be paid by instalment or in one payment.

spacer.gif The defendant admits that all the money is owed

(Judgment by Admission)

spacer.gif

If the defendant has given a new address on the form of admission to which correspondence should be sent, update the defendant's details within the following Judgment request.

Do any of you know what this means and whether I have to select one or wait?????

Many Thanks

Marc

Refer back to your court papers that should show the date by which the claim must be acknowledged. If this date has passed and the court confirm that no acknowledgement has happened, you can then apply for a Judgment in default.

Likewise, if they did acknowledge and the timescale for submitting a defence has passed, the same applies.

Beware though - banks are likely to ask for a set-aside in such circumstances, so as much as it pains us to admit it, you might be better to phone the banks legal department and check if they are aware of the timescale.

Phone the court first to see if deadlines have not been met - sometimes the online versions are a couple of days behind schedule and paperwork might well be on its way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys... could do with some advice (again)

My claim was issued on 12th February 07 and deemed to be served on 17th February 07. On 21st February 07 I received a letter from Moneyclaim to say that Halifax intend to defend all of my claim and they have 28 days to file a defence. How likely am I to win the claim? Do I need to do any preperation or gather any evidence together?

Many Thanks

Marc