credit problems

poochie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my husband and I are havin problems with credit cards and overdraft. We want to pay these off but it seems each time we make a payment, it only clears the interest added each month.

I no longer work so we have lost around £1000 per month income and although we wrote to these people to say we are not usin cards anymore and just want to clear the debt, and we asked if they could stop addin interest, they just keep takin our money then addin more on so this means we will never clear these debts.

We are thinkin of goin bankrupt but dont want to cause we will have to sell house.

Does anyone have any ideas that would help us with these problems. We are gettin so desperate.

Hello, You are going to be okay, you have come to the right place, contact the C.A.B. or the CCCS. and ask them to help you, they will contact all your creditors and get the interest stopped, they will also negotiate with the creditors for a minimum amount to pay.

I know it's easy to say but try not to worry, once that's sorted come back and start getting unfair charges etc. back.

This is a new year so a new start. :)

Saxon

my husband and I are havin problems with credit cards and overdraft. We want to pay these off but it seems each time we make a payment, it only clears the interest added each month.

I no longer work so we have lost around £1000 per month income and although we wrote to these people to say we are not usin cards anymore and just want to clear the debt, and we asked if they could stop addin interest, they just keep takin our money then addin more on so this means we will never clear these debts.

We are thinkin of goin bankrupt but dont want to cause we will have to sell house.

Does anyone have any ideas that would help us with these problems. We are gettin so desperate.

Poochie,

Pop over the MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more and the Debt Free Wanabee forum for lots of great advice on clearing your debts and the options open to you.

Regards,

John

I have been with the CCCS for a while now and they really helped out. They got all the interest frozen and negotiated reduced monthly payments over a peroiod of time. You can take a look at:

CCCS -

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

CCCS covers the whole of the United Kingdom. Their website is extremely informative so take a look and it will tell you what the deal is.

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!