Inadequate Technical Support - Fixed Landline/Broadband Supplier

Hi,

New to the forums (but can see I will become active).

I recently changed fixed line/broadband suppliers.

They are not that cheaper than my incumbents were. However, I found out their service levels for technical support are woefully inadequate.

business hours Monday to Friday and Saturday morning. I had an issue where I lost all services (phone and broadband) on Sat eve and they did not pic up the ticket until this morning 9am (Monday), and they say between 24 and 48 hours before will get in touch. So, between 2.5 and 3.5 days I will be without service - add a day if this happened on a bank holiday weekend.

I purchased it online from a reputable comparison/switch site, and there was nothing to indicate such poor SLAs, nor easily found on the web site of the provider. In fact, their out of hours recorded telephone message states that one can get support 24 hours on their website, which turns out to be their FAQs.

I will go through their T&Cs forensically, however, assuming they contain the service level agreement (buried in there at section 10, it looks like), do I have any rights.

I would like to void the contract without having to pay it out because they do not meet the standards one would (or should) expect of a Telco without making it obvious before purchasing.

I know there is a 14 day cooling off period, but, especially with the reliance on broadband (and the fact I live in a rural area, so the alternative of mobile broadband is not practical), there would be an obligation for the supplier to be very clear of the SLA?

I know I can try an OFCOM ombudsman, but would like to understand my legal standing before I try.

Kind regards,
JA

name names.

was this an online application?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wasn't going to name them a if I had no standing, I  didn't want to slur their name, but nothing I have written is not factual, and of course, "woefully inadequate" is my opinion only., Others may differ.

It is Onestream and yes, I purchased it onlline. Oddly, I have some package that is supposed to give me a higher level of onsite engineer support, but I don't think they have met that, either. Will have to check. I have opened an offical complaint with them and of course they are not prepared to move on it.

Apols for the tardy response - I was travelling with work and have not great access to personal email at that time (only have a tablet, and fat fingers and tablets don't mix well).

Thanks,
JA