MET CCTV PCN NTK - starbucks closed - Southgate Park CM24 1PY

Hello

I would be really grateful if you could give me your guidance please regarding a Notice to Keeper I received requesting payment of £100.00 for parking.

The driver of the vehicle parked in Starbucks for a period of 38 minutes, thinking that there was 1 hour free parking according to the signage.

They did not leave the Starbucks area of the car park to visit McDonalds.

Starbucks was closed at the time so they were not able to purchase anything from Starbucks, which was the intention.

Today is the last day to make the payment of £60.00 but I am reluctant to make the payment as I feel it is a total scam. 

I would welcome your guidance and advice for next steps.

Thank You

(I haven't added any copies of the NTK as I was not sure if it should be shared at this point?)

• dx100uk changed the title to MET CCTV PCN NTK - starbucks closed - Southgate Park CM24 1PY

thread title updated

please complete this:

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement 22nd April 2024

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24th April 2024

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s

3 Date received I think it was 29th April 2024 but not 100% sure on date received in the post

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Met Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] (346) Southgate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY.

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Independent Appeals Services (POPLA)

dont use docx all your pers details are in file/info/properties

read upload

now a pdf

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

4 hours ago, FightUnfairParkingTickets said:

Starbucks was closed at the time so they were not able to purchase anything from Starbucks, which was the intention.

The Alice in Wonderland logic is that as you weren't using the local business - Starbucks - you were supposed to pay to park.

You're right, the whole thing is a scam, and has been shown up to be a scam in the national press and on national TV.

We have about 140 cases for the site.

Despite all their huffing & puffing MET have only started court action in seven cases.  In not one have MET had the bottle to take the matter to a hearing though, so far they've discontinued when the Cagger defended.  They obviously don't want their scam to be exposed in court.

Sure, you can pay £60 and the matter will go away.

We would prefer you paid £0 and fought them though - we would support you all the way.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Fighter and welcome to CAG.

The next steps are dead easy...

Ignore everything they and their paid guns send... UNLESS it's a letter of claim.

If in any doubt about letters, just upload them here.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

You were given this PCN because you overstayed not because you went to Starbucks or MaccyDs from the other car park. I assume therefore that the parking time is only 30 minutes as you were recorded as being there for 38 minutes.

Given that there is a Consideration time and a Grace period  as well as the time between their photographs of your car arriving and leaving one wonders why they gave you a ticket. Force of habit I suppose.

Because they are on airport land which is governed by Bye Laws that supercede PoFA we do not usually look at their PCNs there because in none of them can the charge be transferred from the driver to the keeper  as would normally happen after 28 days if the charge is unpaid and the land is not subject to Byelaws.

In your case as they have failed to specify the Parking period  which is the time car is spent actually parked in a parking space not the bit that they include which is driving from the entrance to the parking space and the other bit from the parking space to the exit. As that reduces the lawful time you were actually parked I would suggest that they have breached your GDPR.