Origin broadband and SSE broadband

I was with sse broadband until Jun 2023 at which point without notifying me they passed me to origin broadband who I was unaware is my supplier now - 

My broadband at home kept working and I was under the impression that sse are taking direct debit payments from my bank account and everything is fine because the Internet has continued to work. 

To my horror I have just noticed that origin broadband has been sending me PDF bills for £39 a month and the email heading has been showing as just no reply so I thought it was junk and never bother to check it.  I have now noticed a bill every month and now I owe them some £350.

I did instruct origin to supply me Internet and therefore don't feel responsible for this debt. 

What are my rights and is it a legal debt considered I did not sign any agreements with them - their first contact with me though was very clever back in July 2023 trying to lure me into an agreement however because I just saw that email now I'm not sure what to do because I owe them 400 pounds nearly supposedly at 39 per month.  Our agreement with sse was for 26 per month but they shut shop and passed us to origin without asking our consent. 

The following is what origin email said back in July before they stated sending invoice every month for payment. 

We hope you're enjoying your reliable phone and broadband with us. We're just letting you know your phone and broadband package will end on 30 Jun 2023. Thankfully, good things don't need to come to an end - read on to decide what you want to do next.

Below you'll find the details of your current package and some other great options to compare it to.

What can I do - shall I just pay the debt and cancel it and move elsewhere or is there any way I can fight this as they are more or less enforced upon us with out permission by sse who most Likely sold our accounts to them. 

Is this covered under the 3 letter rule 

Any help greatly appreciated 

Is this covered under the 3 letter rule 

if you mean the freeman of the land twaddle. dont go there.

your 1st post is a wee bit confusing.

are you saying you've not paid anyone for your BB since june 2023?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...