Shell Garage Wickham (Hampshire ) & Forecourt Eye - claiming I drove off without paying for petrol three months ago..

Can I please have advice on how to deal with Forecourt Eye.  

Received a letter claiming I drove off without paying for petrol three months ago...there is a picture of me at the pump and me clearly offering my card to pay - apparently I only paid for some snacks and then left. Its also for a very odd amount £23 - I did check my account and I was charged 1.50 for snacks. I obviously had every intention of paying and for some reason either the transaction didn't go through. 

I am kind of fuming about this, as I had no idea and if I did not pay, I have no idea what the circumstances were , but not a 'drive off' as described by Forecourt Eye.

I have no issue paying for the petrol if the payment for whatever reason did not go through.

In fact we visited the garage on advice of a friend who has a legal background and offered to pay, the lady behind the till called the manager and we spoke to her on the phone where she robotically said its 'the way it is now and it goes to Forecourt Eye' I then said I am contractually obliged to pay you, not Forecourt Eye.  We are visiting the garage again when the manager is there and will offer to pay again. 

Interestingly when we called in the lady behind the till asked if I had called the garage the day before about the matter- I said no that was not me, so somebody else clearly  has had the same issue, I can't see drive off's being that common in any petrol station! So I know I am not the only one. 

I know calling Forecourt Eye is not advised, I visited a shell garage yesterday ( really not wanting to ) made sure I had chip and pin and made sure I knew exactly what was being entered into the machine.

They now have their threatening posters all over the pumps, making them or the garage responsible for any mistake...

Welcome to the forum. Topic moved to General Mooring Issues forum.

Take a read of the following link may be of interest to you.

Andy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can you name the petrol station as well please?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The Petrol Station is Shell Garage Wickham (Hampshire ) Another person obviously had the same issue as they had called the garage previously-

• dx100uk changed the title to Shell Garage Wickham (Hampshire ) & Forecourt Eye
  • dx100uk changed the title to Shell Garage Wickham (Hampshire ) & Forecourt Eye - claiming I drove off without paying for petrol three months ago..

as the other threads here

contact FE and offer to pay for the £23 of petrol, NOT any unlawful  admins fees they try and con you out of, 

as this has not been pointed out.

can i just make it perfectly clear that forecourteye have ZERO legal powers

they are NOT BAILIFFS and can do stuff and all

only the garage franchise owner could ever do anything, and that would be a civil matter in a county court.

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you, contact by writing only I take it? 

Would it still be worth offering to pay the station directly? 

they have it all over their posters the admin fee is non negotiable, but I know it’s unlawful and cannot be enforced. 

also is there a data breach as I have not agreed to my data being shared? DVLA for example giving details to shady companies like this….

if you can sort it with the shell manager all the better.

its seems as in the other threads that if not, RING FE.

but whatever never pay any admin fee.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you, I’m wary about calling ask know bullying tactics wilL start. I’m happy to write to them. 

I will see what happens when we visit the garage. 

cant hurt you to ring.

simply stand your ground, heres £23 wannit..

and they

No joy with shell manager, kept the robotic stance of now it is with Forecourt Eye.

I said I am obliged to pay you, not Forecourt Eye...lets be honest, somebody is clearly making a lot of money out of this. 

Friend says not to acknowledge any debt with Forecourt Eye...

16 hours ago, dx100uk said:

cant hurt you to ring.

simply stand your ground, heres £23 wannit..

2 hours ago, pip1900 said:

Friend says not to acknowledge any debt with Forecourt Eye...

not applicable in these situations.

dx

and they

why would it be acking a 'debt' and even if it did why is that an issue?

and they