Big Motoring world - Puddle in footwell the next day after purchasing **WON**

Hi, 

I hope I'm okay to post this here. I am looking for some advice. 

I purchased a car on 27.04.24 from Big Motoring World Enfield the car is an MG ZS 2022 Reg, I paid £11,200 for the car, £299 admin fee and £1650 for 36 months extended warranty. I used a debit card to pay. 

After purchasing the car I drove it home and parked it on the driveway.

It rained quite heavily overnight and in the morning on 28.04.24 I got in the car and found a huge puddle in the passenger footwell.

I took photos and a video.

After some investigation from myself I have found the water comes in from the windscreen into the inside of the car on the left and pools into the footwell.

I called Big Motoring World immediately but they were closed as it was a Sunday.

I emailed them an attached the pictures. 

I have followed up with the this morning but am yet to hear back. 

After reading reviews and this forum I now feel uneasy about keeping the car even if they are able to fix the leak as I'm worried about future problems arising.

I wanted to know if this would be classed as a defect to be able to request a refund?

Appreciate any advice! 

Thanks 

Hi Pinkyz44.

Welcome to CAG.

You should absolutely be asserting your short term right to reject on the vehicle.

It would be best to get an independent inspection done on the vehicle also, are there any glass repair/replacement companies near you that can look at this?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Thanks for the advice.

I asserted my rights to reject and they accepted it and said they will refund me the full amount. 

My question now is how long do they usually take to collect the vehicle? I've made it clear that I'm available for them to collect it whenever and I've been told its been passed on to the collections team. I chased it up today as its also raining heavily at the moment. 

I just wondered if anyone had any experience on how long they usually take to collect? I'd obviously like it collected as soon as possible as I need to purchase another car. 

Is it likely they will drag on the process of collection and what can I do if they do? 

Thanks!

Edited by Pinkyz44

good news you won!

i cant see them taking more and a week if less.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Big Motoring world - Puddle in footwell the next day after purchasing **WON**