Scottish Power won't re connect electricity for another 4 weeks

Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps.

Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat.

During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it.

Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it.

Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto.

Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the flat is vacant so not an emergency I have to speak to Scottish Power again.

Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker.

Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me.

All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker?

One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.