NORTHSIDE CAR & COMMERCIAL LTD - DONCASTER Dealer being awkward refunding deposit **Settled**

Evening all

My wife went to view a 25,000 mile vehicle at a dealers in Doncaster last week. I couldn’t go as I was at work. She’s owned a few trucks in her time, so is fairly conversant with them

I’d found it for her on the web, checked out the photos, called the dealer who assured me it was ‘stunning’. It says as much in their advert

I specifically asked about the underside, which he said was also excellent.

After viewing the truck, my wife left a deposit by bank transfer. She also transferred £money for car tax, which was done by the dealer with a receipt to prove so.

On collection two days later, I found the vehicle to be woefully substandard. Areas of damage had been repainted with a brush (!) and the underneath was plagued with serious rot.

The dealer said he couldn’t refund me our deposit as the boss was on holiday and it would need his approval.

He then went on to say I was a time waster, I knew nothing about vehicles, that I was being intimidating (which is utter tripe) 

He added they had incurred costs getting the vehicle ready for collection - yet more guff

I have since sent an email recapping the event and asking for the deposit and the tax to be refunded. We have evidence of payment by bank transfer and also a bill of sale from the garage.

Needless to say we left without the truck!

Can anyone please advise us from how to proceed?

Thank you

Some advice on buying a used car - General Consumer Tips and Guidance - Consumer Action Group

opps paid by bank transfer 1st big mistake. Little or no protection via your bank in getting that back.

2nd is you've not named the dealer..why?

3rd big mistake , they now have the truck too..big bargaining chip gone there.

have you invoked your right in this email to reject the truck quoting the consumer rights act?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NORTHSIDE  CAR & COMMERCIAL LTD - DONCASTER

WWW.NORTHSIDECARANDCOMMERCIALLTD.CO.UK

Thanks for your response DX. Much appreciated

Yes, bank transfer not ideal. I suspect the dealer knows this.

Not sure how not taking the truck is a ‘big mistake’. I’d have paid more  to take it and been left with a truck I don’t want …

My letter didn’t quote consumer rights act. If I haven’t received a refund within 7 working days from the date on the email, then I’ll go through the Small Claims Court

• BankFodder changed the title to NORTHSIDE CAR & COMMERCIAL LTD - DONCASTER Dealer being awkward refunding deposit

Send them a letter of claim straightaway. No point hanging around. Given 14 days in the letter of claim and if they haven't paid you by then, issue the claim on day 15.

The amount of time is more than adequate for them to get going.

Post your draft letter of claim here. A look at. Then log onto the MoneyClaim website and start preparing your claim and post your particulars of claim here for us to have a look at.

Don't bluff. No point in it.

• BankFodder changed the title to NORTHSIDE CAR & COMMERCIAL LTD - DONCASTER Dealer being awkward refunding deposit **Settled**

An excellent result. Well done