Barclays Irresponsible Lending - court claim raised

Hey everyone, a while since I posted last!

I've brought a claim which was lodged in December 2023 against Barclays for irresponsible lending.

The claim is that the below loans were lent irresponsibly. 

November 2016 £19,000 (Loan 1)
November 2016 £22,700 (Loan 2)
June 2017 £24,500 (Loan 3)
May 2018 £23,500 (Loan 4)
December 2019 £15,000 (Loan 5)

Happy to post up the POC's and the Defence.

At this stage the case is awaiting allocation to a track. 

I am claiming an Unfair Relationship and the value of the claim is £4599.

The basis of the case is that no checks were carried out despite a number of loan applications within a short amount of time. Barclays were my main bank at the time, and at that time on the 3 preceding months on each occasion of borrowing I spent out more than I had in.

I served a Part 31.14 request for Disclosure on Barclays in January, they refused to comply and moreover in their response they stated that they wouldn't be providing evidence of how they reached their lending decisions as part of their defence as this is sensitive internal information.

Has anyone else brought this sort of claim for irresponsible lending in the Courts? 

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays Irresponsible Lending - court claim raised

Topic title amended.

if you are a claimant a CPR 31:14 is somewhat useless . thats for a defendant to sent you!

did you not send them an SAR first before your started all this?

and why did you not exhaust their complaints procedure first and then goto the FOS before you went nuclear?

if the FOS had agreed then you could have simply enforced their ruling using court form N332A and your pretty much guaranteed a 'win'

as it stands i can see you coming very unstuck here on several fronts

you should have asked here first before doing this.

the fact that barclays were your bank doesn't really mean anything.

if you were paying your existing debts and had no defaults or late payments on your credit file then i cant see barclays have done anything wrong sorry.

this is a really big jump from the advice on your last thread that you went dead on after 4 posts...

Around £33k Unsecured Debt Journey - Debt management and Debt self-help - Consumer Action Group

i cant see you having much success and i'm not sure where you read you might? certainly not on here.

it's a speculative claim and it might be better to discontinue the claim once a defence is filed or p'haps later when it gets to the hearing stage before you have to fork out more for the hearing fee and then probably lose and have to pay their costs as well.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...