Caught fare evasion in tube station - jumped turnstile - now SJPN

No, at that time, nothing happened 

I’m now just afraid that TfL will find this time of fare evasion as I write “I promise it’s my first time…’’ in my begging letter

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no they wont 

can you PLEASE stop panicking about a nothing burger

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2024 at 19:04, dx100uk said:

you simply jumped at turnstile....

it's not gonna result in a prison sentence and not done under any criminal intent.

exuberance of youth stupid act

at very very worst it will be a warning letter if anything ever happens ..means nothing going fwd.

have you not been reading up here in the last 3 weeks rather than just vanishing?

no you can't talk to the prosecutor, but you will be able too on the day before you go in, IF another begging letter to TfL via email doesn't work.

complete the form pleading guilty and wishing to attend on the day to show genuine remorse to the judge 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can I send another begging letter? On the page of statement of witness, they said some wrong words that I didn't say.

I also don't know how to complete the finance page. I have a part-time job at last year, up to this January. But I don't have any income now. Should I write no income or write my whole income in the last year?

They also used my English name which does not appear on my passport.

Should I confirm the name?

My passport only contain my Chinese name.

I didn't say it's wasting time.

I plan to be honest to avoid any further trouble, tell them that the name should be changed to my official name

Witness statement.pdf

forget the name issue, thats nothing important at all.

yes you should be sending a final begging letter along with a copy of your completed court form to TfL just so they can see you are admitting the charge and wishing to show personal remorse infront of a judge for a silly teenage mistake.

dx

and they

I heard from another forum that I should send any further begging letter is wasting time, but I decide to try. 

can you give any suggestion about the further begging letter?

Should I just explain a criminal record would be harmful to my future career as a university lecturer?

Or anything else?

i would focus on a stupid youthful act.

...a waste of time... so what.. it's worked before.

when is your hearing?

dx

and they

thought you said you had an sjpn?

dx

17 hours ago, Seven77 said:

I received a SJPN today, don’t know what to do now. Is it possible to talk with the prosecutor?

and they

The best thing to do would be to scan up the correspondence you've received so we can see what they've said. Cover up your personal details and their reference number. 

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

There are 10 pages, and the other 9 are standard. E.g. ask me whether plea or not, my information etc.

I would like to send another begging letter, but there’s no email address of the prosecutor.😭

you've already used it......

look at the very 1st TfL letter, its on there.

what date is your hearing from the SJPN form please.

dx

and they

I thought I should send the begging letter to the prosecutor. Does the hearing means the time I need to send back by? If so, it’s June 5 

I plan to send the new begging letter as following, can I ask for some suggestions?

Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,

Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.

I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.

I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.

Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.

I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.

I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know. 

Yours sincerely,

• dx100uk changed the title to Caught fare evasion in tube station - jumped turnstile - now SJPN

sorry but that letter needs to be much much better.

you need to express that it was a stilly youthful mistake trying to be the big man and jumping the turnstile to look big infront of your peers.

TfL prosecutors are on the email address on their first letter.

get the court form sent back to the court , (but copy it first) stating you plead guilty and wish to attend to address the judge in person face to face to show your genuine remorse for your stupid youthful exuberance.

and they

I agree with dx about the letter, please don't send that. I'll have a think about it later and I hope dx will have time to as well.

Regarding you teaching undergrads, did you talk to your students union about how a criminal record would affect you?

EDIT: I think it would be helpful for us to see the part of the SJPN that says what law or byelaw you're being charged under.

Illegitimi non carborundum