Autonet referred my Partner to KINDERTON (NON FAULT ACCIDENT )

Posted (edited)

They don't send paper copies to sign, only links to electronic forms from an email.

This is always included in the emails, OH has never actually signed their forms.

Please see the attached hire paperwork that requires signing. 
Unfortunately, the copies you have originally signed have failed to upload to your file and we are no longer allowed to obtain hard copies for data protection purposes. 
Please use the link at the end of the email (Not the attachment) to go online to read and sign the document. 

Forgot to reply to your question. Yes we have the vehicle. If OH had known this would have happened when they pressed him to use their vehicle, he wouldn't have accepted their offer of a vehicle as he was using his own vehicle to drive to work for the week following the accident. 

Edited by oh.for.a.lottery.win

How long have you had the vehicle? Do you still need it?

I seem to recollect somewhere that you have been pressing them to take it back. Is this correct?
How long ago was this? Have you been doing in writing? What has been their response?

The vehicle was used for approximately a month and was collected weeks ago though as I mentioned it was really not needed as the damaged vehicle was mechanically sound but the body work need to be repaired. OH called them at least three times to collect their vehicle.

They only contact by phone or email. I believe just a christian name is mentioned in the calls. The emails are apparently from Rachael Cleaver.

So can you give us a bullet pointed chronology of the vehicle loan please.

Date of the accident
date of the vehicle loan
Dates of your attempts to return it
date that it was eventually returned

I'm going to say that it's been unhelpful that you have done things on the telephone with the company which you know to be untrustworthy and when you clearly aren't sure of your status in relation to the possible charging of the cost of the loan vehicle.
Who is Rachel Cleaver?
Could you put up couple of emails that you have received from her

Until viewing the forms we had no reason not to trust this company.

Having checked through the emails, I believe the "Rachael Cleaver" emails are automated with the same request and wording:

xxxxx - xxxxx, you have been sent a document to sign.

Rachael Cleaver has sent you the document xxxxx to sign online.

Once ready, please click on the link below which will take you to the secure Signable document signing page:

Good afternoonxxxx
Please see the attached hire paperwork that requires signing. 

Unfortunately, the copies you have originally signed have failed to upload to your file and we are no longer allowed to obtain hard copies for data protection purposes. 

Please use the link at the end of the email (Not the attachment) to go online to read and sign the document. 

If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact me, your reference is xxxxxx

Please do not reply to this email directly - this mailbox is not monitored.

Please use my direct email address of [email protected] 

Thank you for your time and assistance with this, it is appreciated. 

Kind Regards 
Rachael Cleaver 
Kindertons Accident Management

Please click here to sign the document   xxxxxx

Please copy https://sign.signable.app/xxxxxxxxxxxxx into a browser if you can't click the link above

Kind regards,

Rachael Cleaver via Signable

The other emails are not signed:

Good afternoon xxxxx

Please be advised that I have send an email requesting some paperwork to be signed online, this will come from a company called Signable.  Please keep an eye out for it and even check your junk items. 

We need this paperwork so we can send it over to the at faults insurance company to recover costs on the claim.

If you can click on the link at the bottom of the email and follow the instructions on how to sign and date the forms and then at the end it will ask you to click a paragraph that says ?Obligation to Pay? ?

This is not for you to pay as this is our signable account they will charge the cost to us ?

It acts as a Submit button and send the signed paperwork back to me to, so I can save to your claim

Any queries please let me know.

Billing

KINDERTONS ACCIDENT MANAGEMENT
E: [email protected]
W:
www.kindertons.co.uk
Kindertons Accident Management Ltd.
Kindertons House
Marshfield Bank
Crewe
CW2 8UY

In normal circumstances you really shouldn't have any hesitation in signing – but given the reputation of this company it seems to me that you should be very cautious.
I think it's amazing that they insist on a digital signature. What about people who don't have access to this kind of technology or who don't understand it.

I think that eventually when you sign, you should only sign a paper copy and sent her a paper copy with the rider on it that I suggested above and if she doesn't like it then really that's just too bad for her.

Please can you give us information I asked in relation to the vehicle loan dates.

Also, all of this stuff about needing everything digitally because of data protection concerns is a load of nonsense. I think at some point we will write to her and ask to identify exactly what data protection rules they are which insist on digital communication and digital signatures only

Yes please. In addition to making it clear that you are only signing the form on the basis that you have no liability, I think it should also be made clear in writing that the loan period was excessive. That you didn't ask for it, that you attempted to return the vehicle and that they delayed unnecessarily even though by that time you had your own vehicle.
Do I recollect that you said that they insisted that you should have a vehicle as it would speed things up?

When did this happen? Was this also on the telephone? Who said this?

OH's vehicle was at home since the accident apart from him using it for work for a week.

Yes they persuaded him to use their vehicle with the promise of an early settlement and a free vehicle.

He insisted he did not need their vehicle but when pushed he accepted but requested due to his current work he only needed a small vehicle certainly not the top of the range large van from Hertz that was delivered.

This was all arranged to him over the phone by what appeared to be an extremely helpful woman.

For the benefit of other people who are following this thread, I have been passed the recording of a conversation which occurred with kinderton.

The telephone conversation contains identifiers so we won't be putting it up on the forum.

However, it is extremely helpful. I think with this recording you will have no problem at all. Please stand by for a reply possibly tomorrow or over the weekend.

I think that you don't need to worry.

I can't remember if I have suggested that you send kinderton a subject access request.

If this hasn't been done then I would suggest that you do so immediately.

The reason for this is to see whether they are actually prepared to provide this recording. They won't know that you have a copy. I suggest that youse are subject access request template and send them a subject access request straightaway and let's get everything they've got.

• Thanks 1

30 cal days.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

how this going?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...