• Tweets

• Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
    • Ok, noted, thanks again. I'll share details of every communication received just to make sure.
    • Yes. I sent back the PAP form stating they hadnt supplied the correct paperwork and that pdf is what they sent back
    • have you responded to the letter of claim?
    • It's probably a good idea to come back here when the next letter from them turns up.  It remains to be seen if they will act on your employer's communication or will just continue with the cycle of their daft "threatening" letters.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lisaf V Hsbc***Won***

lisaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can't believe it's taken son long to start my own thread! Thanks for the tips Crusher! Very much appreciated.

Basically I'm at the stage where I file in person in court today, anyone have any tips on what to expect?

I think I have all bases covered but would like to be sure.

When are HSBC likely to receive notice? Not one bit nrevous I have to say, i would relish my day in court with them!

Between myself and OH our charges are over £10k. This year, I have had to sell my car and rent my house out, alot due to these charges so I am more than ready.

Lisa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After you have 'filed' the court allows 'upto' 5 calendar days then it is 'deemed' to have been served on the defendant !!

DG may well acknowledge sooner tho !

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi, I just wondered if anyone could put my mind at rest? I filed my claim in court yesterday. I filled in the N1 form and attached my spreadsheets. Is this correct? It's just that I've read another post just now that's confused me.

Anyway advice would be much appreciated.

lisa

Hi all, Happy New Year to everyone first of all!

i have a few questions re my claim so far. I filed an N1 form in court last Thursday and haven't heard a thing yet - is this normal? and also, I've read on a few other threads something about the 'court interest rate'. Now all I have done is added the 8% on when I filed last week, is there any more interest to be added?

Did I need to work out the daily rate and add that also? Really confused now, thought I had it all sorted!;)

Cheers

Lisa

the court interest rate is the 8%. so, ok there.

if you wanted to claim daily interest you needed to include it in the claim - you didn't so, i'm afraid it's too late - the £35 charge to add it on now wouldn't be worth it - it's your claim amount times 0.00022= daily rate - so, go ahead and figure it - mine was about 45p/day - and would have only added about £13 to what i got, but i forgot it too. unless your claim is really big and it gets drawn out a long time - you won't miss much. don't worry about it.

as for the time - i think the holidays have slowed everything down a little - you'll hear shortly from the court saying they have issued the claim to the bank.

• Haha 1

Thanks so much Lattie, I'm not overly concerned about the extra daily interest as I don't think it's going to be that much. And I'll learn to be more patient regarding the court! Though still not heard a sausage today so far. Thanks again

Lisa xicon7.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hiya lisa.. thought id drop in to see how you are.. i noticed you got a few threads going... would you like to link them up together? i think you'll have to ask lateralus or michael browne how to do this, so that all your posts and qeuries are in one thread... hope all's ok...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

sorry I haven't posted for a while, I have been watching though! Well very good news today, DG have made a FULL offer, I really can't believe it.

Their defence isn't even due until the 7th Feb. I would just like to say at this point a MASSIVE HUGE THANKYOU to all on here that has helped me along the way (Lattie espesh)! I am in the process of helping about 4 others to reclaim theirs aswell (1 has also taken an offer from HSBC). So this site has had an amazing knock-on effect for so many others.

As soon as I have the cash in my mucky paws, I will of course donate. Again thankyou so much.

Lisa x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

sorry haven't posted in ages but I think I know what you'll all say before I ask this question! Hsbc offered me a settlement (which I accepted) of £3500 when my claim was for £4500. This was some weeks ago.

I have since rec'd at least 3 letters from DG offering me the full amount of my claim an not acknowledging my previous smaller amount.

This latest letter says 'we still haven't heard from you, do you want this £4500?'

The temptaion is killing me! Any advice appreciated and heeded - honest!

Lisa

Hi Michael, sorry for the confusion, the other claim was my sister's which I was doing for her, that was for the full amount which has now been completely sorted.

This one is actually for me and I have rec'd 3500, however, they are trying to offer me the full £4500. Even as I write this, I know it's dishonest to accept the money AGAIN! Although it's tempting to accept the £1,000 I was short in the first place.

Lisa

hi again lisa, i'm a bit muddled - do you mean they offered 3500 on the 4500 claim and you accepted and did they pay you the 3500? and now they are offering 4500? just clear it up for me? hey, guys, any way she could accept it and then write a cheque back for the 3500? CRUSHER???? MICHAEL BROWNE????? - that's a test for your letter writing skills.

it's a bit like on deal or no deal when they take the offer and then the next offer would have been much higher!!!!

depending on what the others say - i'd say it is certainly worth a letter stating you would accept £1000 - hey, michael what comes next..................

lisa, as tempting as it might be, unless you like wearing stripes and have a gut for prison food, i wouldn't 'rob' the bank if i were you. wait for a letter to be written up and take only what's yours.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi guys,

I just had a moment of weakness! It would be good to get the remaining £1000 back, but I'm not even that brave! I'm happy with the £3500 and have managed to buy things I would never have been able to (a single mum with 2 boys), so I'd better not push my luck! Thanks for all your replies.

Lisa x

Sorry just another one if you don't mind Netty and Lattie. I would like to get cracking on my sister's managed loan now, do you know of anyone who has successfully claimed for this? She pays £254 a month of which £180 is interest! Over the 11 years, she will be paying back £33000 for a £19000 loan, how are they getting away with it?! The loan is a joint one with her OH and they've just successfully claimed back £10,000 between them in bank charges which is part of that £19,000 mnaged loan.

I haven't seen how anyone has done this so far. I have roughly worked out (very roughly)! that their £10,000 is roughly half of that loan. Now obviously they can only claim the interest on that 10k and not the rest of the loan as they've already had it in charges.

I've worked that out to be approx 9k over the 11 years. Does this seem right and how on earth would they begin to get it back?

Sorry for the long post so early in the morning! I'm surounded by 2 very noisy kids!

Lisa

Hello i'm a totally new user...

1. re. lisaf - i'm sure i've just read somewhere that you can accept an offerless than you asked for, cash it in and then request the rest... therefore you should still be able to get the extra 1000 - especially as they've already offered you the full amount.

2. can anyone tell me how to get the address for who i should send my information request to - i've read this bit of the website -

"Send this request including the £10 fee to the address which your bank has registered with the Data Protection Commissioner as the address of the Data Controller:-

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register"

But can't get any meaningful results about what Lloyds have appointed as the address of the Data Controller?

any help appreciated

cheers

gsh first -

1. i think the prob is that she's accepted the lesser offer as full and final settlement and the other offer is obviously a mistake - and it would be fraudalent to accept the full amount (i was in a position of receiving full amount into an account and a cheque for same amount followed - it was very tempting but at the end of the day - it is fraud).

2. i take it from your post that it is a lloyds/tsb account and as such you'll need to look on that forum or post the question on that forum to get an answer - as each bank has a data controller and the address would be different from the one we know. just go on lloyds/tsb and look for the small blue oblong with "new thread" on it - tick it - give your thread an eyecatching title and you will be away. and it's a very good place to keep a diary of what you've done.

very good luck with your claim - if the lloyds guys are as friendly as this group - you'll be in good company!

lisa,

nothing back from crusher or michael browne yet? let me pm them for you and see if they've any ideas. at the very, very least - it certainly would not hurt anything for you to write them a nice letter saying - i'm sure you have lots going on in your office - and it's probably hard to keep track of everything, but.... i have already received a reduced offer on my claim number xxxxxx. i would certainly have taken this full offer - had it come to me sooner...... (and maybe split the differerence as a goodwill gesture?.....something like that). but don't do anything until a couple of others have given you their opinion if there is anyway to get the 1000.

hang on...