G24/BWL - ANPR PCN - overstay - Kingstown Retail Park, Carlisle, CA3 0GW

I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread for this new ticket otherwise the thread will get horribly complicated.

I'm afraid keeper liability is involved as the "offence" was in England.

There are 15 minutes of consideration & grace periods so she is in a good position.

The other good news is that we have around 500 G24 threads.  They have only tried court once and when the Cagger defended they wet themselves and discontinued.

Nothing bad will happen immediately.

Normally we would say to ignore everything until/if she gets a Letter of Claim.  However, in this case there is the threat of that going to the address in England so for once I'd be in favour of sending a letter now to address the, er, address issue.  I'm at work now but will scribble something late this evening.

BTW, what is "Gateway 44"?  Is it the Kingstown Retail Park?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OK, unless there are objections, tomorrow invest in two 2nd class stamps, get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office, and send this to G24 and to BW Legal.  It won't stop them sending daft letters but it should resolve the address issue.

Dear Rachael & Sean,

Re: PCN no.XXXXX

thanks for your "Final Demand".  Scar-ey!

Er - not.

Firstly, let's deal with the matter of my address.  I live at XXXXX, Scotland.  That is the address the DVLA gave your client.  In the past I have had problems with dishonest private parking companies sending letters for me to fictitious addresses to try to get a backdoor CCJ.  You have not - thank you.  I have always lived at this address in Scotland, I don't live anywhere else, I have never lived anywhere else and I certainly don't live in England.  If you client goes down the dishonest route they will end up with so many court costs that I will go on a world tour with the dosh.

As for your client's silly invoice.  Go and read Section 13 of your client's ATA Code of Practice.

I would say that I look forward to your deafening silence, but I am sure you will keep me laughing with your daft letters which are supposed to have me trembling with fear.  The hamster will however welcome his changes of bedding.

Yours, XXXXX

COPIED TO G24 LTD

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I hope you don't mind, but as this is a different ticket, different company and different situation I've created a new thread, and added the PCN to the first post.

As you're going to be a good customer of the local post office 😉 over the next few days, you might as well write to the Retail Park, lay it on thick about being a genuine customer, point out the short overstay, attach any proof of purchase, and ask them to call G24 off.

Kingstown Retail Park
Parkhouse Road
Carlisle
CA3 0JR

Presuming you've done this then you are in the clear re the address problem and a possible backdoor CCJ.

I know you've done the same with PE.

Just out of curiosity I've looked up our G24 threads.

We have 81 cases.

They have dared try court ... just once.  That was when the motorist made a serious mistake and didn't reply to a Letter of Claim.  As soon as the Cagger defended, G24 gave in and discontinued the case.

The letter above should see your daughter fine on the address issue.  Please come back if/when they send more of their daft letters that are supposed to be scary.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...