I have been victim of crypto fraud

simonhill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been scammed by remote job offered by person who claimed to be representative of Hotwire Global Communication company by impersonating their logo and address. 

The job was to submit tasks on Hotwire online platform for App optimisation and earn commission as tether usdt cryptocurrency. 

Initially I was earning good commission and able to withdraw funds

representative lured me go upgrade my vip level to earn higher commission

that is when I started to get negative balance which I was told to clear by converting money into crypto as I will be able to withdraw all of the funds including my commission at the end

when I completed all the tasks scammer took all the money by saying all my money went to wrong crypto address. 

When I looked online I found that there are many such scams are happening and that is when I realised that I have been scammed. 

I have raised this case to Action Fraud and also to my bank

I have lost lots of money and I am very worried and want to know if there are any chances of getting my money back?

i doubt it.

if something seems too good to be true it normally is.

why did you give some stranger access to your pers bank account..surely that should have been a VERY big red flag....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I didn't give access to my personal bank account but I got scammed where platform I was doing job accepts crypto and not normal currency

I lost my money by converting into crypto and then sending it to wallet which I thought belongs to Hotwire.

opps..

and all of this over the months.... years? you did this didn't ring any alarm bells to you..........

1 hour ago, simonhill said:

remote job offered

on what platform?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The reasons why scammers, hackers, tax evaders, and mafias around the world love crypto so much is that it's untraceable. And any money sent to a wallet that's not yours can be considered lost. (Remember that song about democracy activists using crypto to escape evil government oppression? A nice tale... your average crypto user is a crook)

Hopefully there will be other ways to find the international organised crime network behind your scam, but that will be for the Police, and it's a slim chance. Have you been to Police yet? (not sure what Action Fraud counts as, they seem pretty powerless)

If anything thank you for telling your tale so that others can be warned.

A real employer in the real world will never, ever, ask its employees to send it money (other than petty cash). It just doesn't work that way.

I have been told by AF that they have prepared a report and sent to NFIB for investigation however it takes minimum 28 days for NFIB to pick up case.   I have provided all WhatsApp contacts to AF and also url of the platform but not sure if NFIB can track those WhatsApp numbers.

Sorry if this makes it worse but that message is generic, nothing will happen.

You'll get another generic one saying thanks for reporting but we aren't taking further.

Banks have a duty to refund if you acted with RC&S but from this it doesn't seem like you did.

What bank is this please?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service