A question about benefits guys please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys & Gals

Please can someone answer a quick question about benefits please

I get the higher award for PIP, and UC, to get new accommodation my son has agreed to move back in with my separated wife and I.

Due to an earlier bankruptcy in 2020, because of mental illness, I could no longer work and I always get turned down for accommodation because of poor credit rating,  

does anyone know what benefits I will lose,

I am as you can imagine registered disabled now,

all persons are named on the new tenancy agreement and my son is my un paid carer,  

tenancy agreement at the moment is joint and several so we are all responsible for CT and Rent etc,

we have not yet signed the new tenancy agreement.

Thank you for your help guys

Why would you lose benefits ?

Nothing in what you have said would impact on your own benefits.

Purely based on how you have phrased your post, I do wonder if you have given a 100% accurate summary of your circumstances. Please be careful with the information you provide to benefits services. Government have invested in thousands of extra staff at DWP who are starting to audit claims and if they don't receive the information they require to their satisfaction this can lead to further investigations and suspension of benefits.

if you are in any doubt about whether the information supplied to benefits  is compliant with benefit law/rules, I would advise you to contact Citizens Advice for a benefits review.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

6 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Why would you lose benefits ?

Nothing in what you have said would impact on your own benefits.

Purely based on how you have phrased your post, I do wonder if you have given a 100% accurate summary of your circumstances. Please be careful with the information you provide to benefits services. Government have invested in thousands of extra staff at DWP who are starting to audit claims and if they don't receive the information they require to their satisfaction this can lead to further investigations and suspension of benefits.

if you are in any doubt about whether the information supplied to benefits  is compliant with benefit law/rules, I would advise you to contact Citizens Advice for a benefits review.

Thank you Unclebulgaria for coming back to me so quickly its very much appreciated.

Yes I  think you have answered my question.

Thank you for your wise words of caution, last thing I would want to do is innocently fall foul of the law or DWP, so yes I will speak with those that are up to speed with such matters.