Gas boiler problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

II had a new Alpha boiler installed 3 years ago.  

Since then it has broken down 4 times.

Admittedly it is still under guarantee but I have to wait at least 5 days before anybody can fix it and longer if they have to order new parts.

Do I have any right to ask for a new boiler?   

I don’t remember ever having had so many boiler issues until the Alpha boiler was installed.

When was the first issue you had with it?

Within six months?

Who fitted it?

Have you made them aware that it requires constant repairs?

Have you mentioned to them at any point of a replacement? Have you googled to see if this is a common issue with this type of boiler?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What did it cost?

It is always the same fault?

You are entitled to have a boiler which is of satisfactory quality and remain that way for a reasonable period of time. On the basis of what you say, the boiler is not a satisfactory quality.

Please can you give the date of installation and the dates of the breakdowns – and how long after you had reported it, did it take to repair

Also, who sold it to you? And was it installed by the supplier?

I purchased the boiler through a local gas fitter on 30th November 2020.  

He did warn me that Alpha weren’t the best but because of covid it was the only make available at that time.  

It cost £1,500 which I appreciate isn’t expensive compared to other brands.  

Alpha are aware of the number of breakdowns as I have to go through them to arrange repairs under the warranty.  

I ‘think’ the reason for repair has been different every time but I don’t have a record of this.  

I just feel enough is enough and I’m totally frustrated with their customer service, they just don’t care.

Firstly, please do space out your posts properly.

It's very difficult to follow solid blocks of text especially on the small screen such as telephones.

In terms of your consumer rights, if you purchase the boiler from your local gas fitter then it is the responsibility of the local gas fitter. Is this a one man band/self-employed person or is this a local business?

Can you tell us about the warranty? If you could link us to the warranty on the alpha website, that will be helpful.

I think you should find out from your local gas fitter whether this is a recurring problem or new problems each time. I would do this in a gentle nonconfrontational way and don't give the slightest hint that you may eventually hold the supplier liable – because you need the cooperation. Make them understand that you may be taking matters up against alpha.
It may transpire that you have to go against your local supplier