I'm in a Fee charging DMP but want to do it myself now irresponsible lending claims?

Drop that fee paying DMP!

You're not paying off your debts, you're lining DFH's pockets. I've looked in their terms and conditions and 23.5% of your payments are going to DFH and NOT your creditors!

A DMP is really easy to handle yourself. Nothing more than a few stamps to your creditors with a pro-rata offer.

List your debts here. Including current owners. We can look to tackle this further.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I am have an arrangement with most of my creditors, they all agreed to freeze interest at the time the DMP started with the loan exception on My Community Bank.

I was with DMC until January just gone, since then I have been taking care of it myself and until recently My Community  Bank were the only one not playing ball.

What are the debts and who owns them please 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Here is a list of the creditors and what the current balance owed to them is, at the current rate I am paying I should be debt free between 18 and 21 months. 

My end of March payment has  not been included to they are not 100% accurate 

Creditor Name

Estimated Balance

Barclays Partner Finance

£3385.41

Capital One Credit Cards

£909.98

Creation Consumer Finance Ltd

£22.28

JN Bank

£8615.08

La Redoute

£182.52

Lendable Ltd

£1214.98

Link Financial Ltd

£2413.46

My Community Finance

£4227.15

Next Directory

£337.28

What was the original credit based on that's now owned by link?

You better not be blindly paying a DCA like a cash cow.

Tagging @dx100uk who will also be able to advise further.

Posted (edited)

Original creditor for Link was Aqua, the original debt was for £6k, prior to the debt being passed on to Link it was reduced to £3k following a claim for irresponsible lending.

Edited by Scouse Paul

Is this the same as this thread?

threads merged again. paul!

just keep doing what you are 

good work, though id not be bothering with the stupid cease and desist letters, very old hat and just pointless letter tennis. block phone numbers, email addresses and reports txts to 7726 if it annoys you.

as for those that wont accept freezing interest and charges, write to them telling them they are not helping you as they are legally mandated to do, and drop their payment to £1 PCM till you die.

nothing they can do.

please try and keep to this thread eh?

cause its stop people asking all the same questions and info wanting again.

its all here already.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have now got a creditor who will not accept an income/expense form, they want access to my account using open banking which I do not want them to do.

Can they refuse an income/expense form as this is the usual way to communicate your finances with them.

The creditor is salad money.

On 11/04/2024 at 15:22, dx100uk said:

as for those that wont accept freezing interest and charges, write to them telling them they are not helping you as they are legally mandated to do, and drop their payment to £1 PCM till you die.

same applies.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...