Lichfield Street Motor Company/Close Brothers - car continually going into "limp mode" **RESOLVED BY CLOSE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the director is Philip Taylor.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is he signing off the messages?

Yes :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• BankFodder changed the title to Lichfield Street Motor Company/Close Brothers - car continually going into "limp mode" - Write to finance company.?
FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return, officers, charges...
WWW.LICHFIELDSTREETMOTORCOMPANY.CO.UK

Buy a quality used vehicle from Lichfield Street Motor Company. Visit our showroom based in Tamworth, Staffordshire where you will find a great...

Let's not forget that strictly speaking it's not his direct legal liability although under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 he could be brought into the action or even sued directly for the condition of the car.

However he does over direct liability to Close Bros but his responses are not doing him, his company, or Close Bros any favours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

Unfortunately I've been away most of last week and ill most of this week, so I unfortunately haven't had much time with work to get the car booked in for diagnostics! The car has otherwise been behaving itself until this morning, where the issue occurred once again. It seems to be more likely to occur while the engine is cold so I try to baby it until it's warm but as you can appreciate that's not always possible in the real world.

Close Brothers tried to call me today, I've requested that they respond via email so that there is clear written communication between both parties. In the email I sent, I have given them until 14/11/2023 to get the car booked in at an authorised repair shop convenient to me. I heavily adapted the letter BankFodder wrote in post 20, as I didn't send that (just got buried with work) at the time.

They seem to now be emailing from "[email protected]" instead of the complaints email so that's likely one to have in the pocket for others.

I'll keep you updated on any response, and look to get the car booked in for diagnostics this weekend.

Just out of interest, is it worth getting a diagnostic from the Mini main dealer near me or would my normal mechanics that normally looks after my cars and the mechanics that carried out the warranty work be fine?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

Just a final update.

Close Brothers arranged a diagnostics of the vehicle at a garage local to me. They found it was a clip on the charge pipe that was loose and triggering the sensor and they fixed it there and then, free of charge (just tightened it back up).

Surprisingly, Close Brothers were quite helpful once you got through to a complaints handler. They paid for the diagnostic once I submitted the invoice and were happy with the repair. So safe to say case closed (for now)!

Thank you so much for all your help, it's very much appreciated. Just glad I've got my car back in working order!

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Lichfield Street Motor Company/Close Brothers - car continually going into "limp mode" **RESOLVED BY CLOSE**

Well done. I'm very pleased for you but it's a shame that it needs all of this effort to force a decent level of customer service

• Like 1