recording using my mobile phone on bus, driver at speed whilst reading .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi every one I hope this is the right section to post this.

What I need to know is can I use my mobile to record on a public bus ?. As far as i am aware I can do.  

I wont record passengers just the driver. and not all of the time. only if i feel something will happen.

There is one driver who in my opinion should not be driving a bus at all.

Today I actually had to tell him out loud to slow down it was that bad.

in one alleged incident today the bus driver while on a 60 mph road was reaching with one hand to turn paper work over. with the other hand on the wheel. There is a lot more things than this it is unbelievable.

I am pleased i managed to tell him to slow down which He denies.. The driver stated I am not allowed to record his face or on bus at all.

I normally don't speak but i told him I could the way he was driving. I was not aggressive or anything. I genially thought my safety was in danger and that of my passenger's if there was any. I also have a hidden disability which can leave me very vulnerable.

I have informed the council even as its that bad and over many days.

I am worried now about using this service especially if this driver is on it and they way he drives.

I know the bus has cctv but I don't trust that things can go missing.

On the above grounds would I be ok

I really appreciate any advice I never thought I would have to do this but things are that serious. 

thanks for the block of text!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi everyone

If a bus driver commits driving offences. not petty ones but things that could put passengers safety at risk and these can be proven by video.

who is it the authority that actually enforces them.

what i have seen is really bad. i have even spoken to the dvsa they were not bothered. 

short answer is yes you can , and even passengers, it;s a public access bus.

go ahead.

you contact the bus company re the driving just email them the video

threads merged and title updated

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to recording using my mobile phone on bus, driver at speed whilst reading .

You can record anywhere in public including on public transport.

Be prepared for some people to 'strongly' object to it and if I were thinking of doing that I'd be avoiding filming people as much as possible, especially children and women.

Thank you for confirming about filming. I thought this was the case but the driver did not like it. I have reviewed my footage and have caught some dangerous driving on video. I will inform the company I hope they don't ignore it. watching the footage affected me 

Hello everyone I am looking for your thoughts on this please. I boarded my local bus and went to scan my disabled bus pas. There must have been fault with the machine and the driver said in a raised Voice in front of other passengers ( GO SIT DOWN ) the way he said it was not normal.

I would never speak to anyone Like this. I have never exchanged any words with the driver. He does know that I don't have issues with my hearing. I also have a sunflower badge displayed. I felt distressed, attacked and upset and shocked. I did attempt on the way back to ask him why he spoke to me like this but unfortunately i could not  due to many hidden disabilities.

The same driver drove at speed on a different day and i had to tell him to slow down. he was driving very dangerously. I have know choice but to pass the footage on to authorities.

I am not sure if he committed any offence against me the way he spoke to me. I am just not sure unfortunately i don't have any footage of this there was people present though.

I am very worried that he will try to stop me travelling some how but i think its our human right to use these services. I did challenge him when he was driving the way he was I was lucky i was able to. 

please keep to one thread on all issues regarding 'this driver'.

i dont think you need to do anything and are being a bit of a snowflake on this last issue., sorry.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone just an update. I eventually managed to email the bus company to explain what happened as I expected i had know reply.

The person is still driving the bus but his driving has improved. however yesterday. he again decided to as far as i was concerned used verbal abuse.

My partner was with me. when i got the bus I which i always do and said thank you. I was then told “You have a nice Day Sir” in a very aggressive raised voice. I never reacted at first but my  partner was waw he was not happy.

As far as i am concerned that behaviour is unacceptable I would never speak to some one like that.. I know the council contacted them so its probably that.

my partner thinks that i should do nothing about it. I now have a physical disability as well as it affecting my mental thinking. it can leave me very vulnerable. I do have a pending asd assessment. I can very easily misread situations so have to take this in to consideration. I checked my footage and it indeed did happen.

I am sitting thinking would someone like anyone they know being treated like this. or would i do that to someone if i was representing a company and the council.

The dvsa are willing to investigate and view my footage of very dangerous driving. I suppose if this fails then its social media exposure. to me this person is a bullying and using verbal aggression.

I did tell him i would report him to his face. what i have on video is not good and very dangerous as far as i am concerned he should not be in charge of peoples safety.

I would appreciate and advice