Lease issue. Wife aboandoned and in South America.

Letter uploaded from the solicitors. I have been in touch and requested a 28 day extension for the reply while advice was saught. They agreed.

I have uploaded the cover letter which is the main part. Also added other sheets they attached for me to complete (Not sure I would even fill these out at all)

I think this will be down to making them a reasonable offer in full and final settlement. I am just getting back into work but it's on minimum wage and so they may want to get this over and done with. but I am no expert.

Thanks again.

Northern Trust Upload.pdf

Did it include the written agreement like was stated in the PAPLOC?

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Would the deposit cover your rent arrears?

Did you get the agreement that the deposit would be moved in writing?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

@lolerz The deposit would not cover the arrears as they are but close to what I think they should be, If landlord had mitigated losses.

In writing by email and it states, (The  'other unit' mentioned below my unit).

'We usually do take a £2,500 deposit on Unit 72 now, but if you were to take the other unit, would you like to put the rest towards that? As them smaller units we take £1,500 Deposit.

You would get £1,000 back from this, are you happy with that?

However, with the units returned and as part of the original company striking off. I think they have allocated the deposits to these loses.

Statement of Account Upload.pdf

I don't know where you got the idea of the landlord "mitigating their losses" from. There's a tenancy agreement in place and they clearly haven't agreed to cancel the agreement.

The tenancy agreement allows you to break at the end of the first year providing you give at least 3 months notice. I would argue that you're liable for the rent until the end of that first year when you activate that break clause.

Obviously that's out the window now there's potential legal action.

You blanked out the amount they're chasing you for on the PAPLOC. This isn't advisable. How much is this, just the current arrears?

Hi @lolerz I knew that I may be fully liable on this matter. I was just hoping to limit the damage really. But an agreement is an agreement.

The total amount due is £4,307.

Thanks again  for your help.

Dispute the debt anyway because of that £1500 deposit you've stated they have.

See where it goes.