• Tweets

• There is a letter offering  HM Court and Tribunals Mediation by telephone Does anyone use this? Its free
    • Morning guys As Bank suggested, I've now re-worked my POC to include details of my parcel's original loss,  miraculous rediscovery a month later and subsequent delivery, albeit having been opened and the contents removed. Grateful for your thoughts please, as (P2G having gone very quiet) I intend to initiate court proceedings against P2G tomorrow - 1 May. Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing 8 second-hand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and whilst Evri collected the parcel for delivery on 18 March 24 they then ‘misplaced’ it a day later, formally declaring it lost on 27 March. On 16 April they found it and delivered it on 17 April but, at some point before delivery, it had been opened and the contents removed . The defendant refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is also in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80  
    • Odd one this, I recieved 2 notice's for the 18th and 19th April stating that I overstayed on Wigan Robin Retail Park. Permitted Minutes 180. They state I was there 355 minutes on the 18th and 388 minutes on the 19th. Both times I was there around 10 minutes getting my wife a brew from costa after dropping the kids off at school.  On both days I had passed through there a second time around 3pm, again to get a brew then left. Both notices have 2 images each, Entrance and exit.  This is the interesting bit. The Entrance images both timestamped actually clearly show I am exiting the retail park not entering it. And the exiting images they provided show me leaving the carpark after visiting a second time later in the day. In the attachments You'll see all 4 images show that I am exiting, none of them are of me entering. I understand most if not all that see this post won't know the area but if the look at the map link i gave you'll see the road I was on leading up to the main road. g24 ltd 1.pdfg24 ltd 1.pdf GoogleMap view of the road I am on in the entrance images I would have had dashcam footage but I since formatted the memory card. I tried recovery tools but I couldn't get the files back.  
    • An update: I just got another PCN. I get the feeling that someone in the residence is calling OPS, as it's dated for a few mins after I parked. I won't appeal of course. Interestingly, our cleaner was also parked but didn't get a PCN. I asked them why and apparently they're whitelisted. I did ask the MA if they could whitelist me and they said they couldn't. Clearly they decided not to tell the truth. Surely, this would resolve all of the issues entirely i.e. we'd keep non-residents from parking, whilst allowing for residents to park without issue? Also, could OPS now take me to court for both PCNs separately, or could it be one case?    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Traffic Wardens

closey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Must be wearing a hat whilst issuing you with a ticket. If they are not wearing a take a photograph, even better with your mobile phone as it will record the time and date, and report them. You won't have to pay the ticket and they will be in trouble with their employeer.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Strange, I read this the other day, went into town and saw a warden issuing a ticket, and he wasn't wearing a hat. When I went back to the car park he was doing another car, still with no hat.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

I'm under the impression that the ticket isn't valid until it had been completed in full and stuck on your windscreen (or handlebars if you're on a motorbike!). So if you see a traffic warden at your car writing out a ticket (hat or no hat) don't start talking to them, get in your car and drive off (just don't run them over).

Haven't tried it myself but what have you got to loose?

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

I've had notices about unpaid parking tickets in the past when I have never even had the tickets. My appeals were rejected so I'm not sure about this, although Blackpool Council seem to automatically reject everything anyway including genuine claims so it's hard to say.

For example I got three tickets last year for parking in a residents parking area. I had a permit which was displayed in the side window, it said on the reverse of the permit that it had to be placed in the front or side window but the council argued that the T&Cs stated that it had to be placed in the front window (this was correct, there was no mention of placing the permit in the side window on the T&Cs) and rejected my appeals.

They eventually conceded when I verbally threatened to sue them for harrasment for repeatedly and wrongfully ticketing my car and trying to wrongfully enforce the fines as I was complying with the rules according to the back of the permit (so don't believe them if they say they have no power to cancel the tickets after a failed appeal, they have) but "warned" me that if I didn't place the permit in the front windscreen they would "not let me off in future". I did move the permit to the front windscreen although I sometimes wish I hadn't just for the hell of it.

If it's true it's got to be a great get-out clause because surely all you need to do is claim there was no ticket on the screen when you got back to it, so for that reason I can't see it myself, that would be far too easy.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

There used to be a similar "defence" techicality for drink driving. The roadside test has to be carried out by a constable (generic term) in uniform. There were a few cases thrown out on the basis that the officer did not have a hat on until someone in a Higher Court saw sense and called an end to that nonsense.

Urban myth possibly? I suspect the term is that the warden must be in uniform. Police constables are required to be in uniform to issue tickets so I guess this is the same area of law.

Cant help but chuckle at this - I won my case against the traffic warden - it was bloody hard though.

Talking to a few friends on Saturday about Traffic Wardens and parking fines and one of my mates said that his friend gets parking tickets and then looks for the most expensive car in the car park and then puts the ticket on theirs. He has never got to pay one yet:shock: :-| - his theory is that this person who owns the really expensive car will automatically give it to their office who deal with it. Does not look at the details!!!!!

Sorry but I couldnt help but to add this. SORRY if it offends but some people get away with it!!!!

Halifax - Since 2003 £1,186 DPA Request: 24.03.06

PRL - sent Recorded 05.04.06

Letter received 07.04.06 - Thanks but No thanks

LBA - 20.04.06 Refused Money Claim filed 08.05.06

Served 14.05 Acknowledged 16.05.06 - 28 days to go

:D WON - PAID IN FULL 25.05.06

Lloyds [/i]- Since 2000 £780.31 - DPA Request: 23.03.06

PRL - sent recorded 10.04.2006

Letter Rec'd 13.04 - Not interested

LBA - 13.04.06 Money Claim filed 25.04.06

Served 01.05.06 & Acknowledged 03.05.06. - 28 days to go

Defence received 25.05 - Here we go

I've actually got a separate thread relating to my own (illegally issued) parking ticket, but here's something I didn't know and haven't seen before:

According to that site:

"If colour of the vehicle is incorrectly recorded on a parking ticket is it valid?

PAs are required to make a note of a number of things, including the colour of the vehicle, all of which must be correctly recorded for the ticket to be valid."

Interesting because I've never had a ticket yet which shows the colour of my car recorded!

Read a few threads on Pepipoo and you will find that many Safety Camera partnerships do NOT adhere to the ACPO guidelines on enforcement of speed limits, in terms of location, methods etc but this makes ZERO difference to the outcome.

Many will even badger people into fessing up and voluntarily paying the £60 even when there is no legal right, ie. if the Notice of Intended Prosecution was served outside the 14 day limit or if proceedings have not been initiated within six months of the offence.

Why should the authorities be treating mere parking tickets any more seriously? It's a scandal.

Read a few threads on Pepipoo and you will find that many Safety Camera partnerships do NOT adhere to the ACPO guidelines on enforcement of speed limits, in terms of location, methods etc but this makes ZERO difference to the outcome

Oh, that's very true. There is one near me that is located immediately the other side of a hump back bridge, there's no way you can see it until you have reached the peak of the bridge, you then see it a few yards ahead of you. There is another one which is "hidden" behind a large direction sign, this time you are virtually passing it before you see it.

But although they have broken ACPO guidelines they get away with it because they are simply that - guidelines. There are several ways to easily get out of speed camera fines though, but I can't really post them on here.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks