Asda 2-man tent in 4-man tent packaging

DeniseTremble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went along as agreed, and presented the tent along with a printed copy of the most recent email from Teegan of Asda Executive Relations. I eventually found myself talking once again to Chris the store manager. He maintained that there was no authorisation for a refund, and that Teegan was unavailable, not working that day.

Emailed again to AER telling them to issue explicit instructions for an immediate in-store cash refund, and that any further obstructive behaviour would be interpreted as deliberate noncompliance. I offered to make one further visit to the store and no more. Teegan responded within an hour, apologised,  and reassured me that she had telephoned Chris and clearly instructed that the refund take place in-store without delay.

Returned to the store at5 16:30 and the CS desk staffer, who'd clearly been briefed,  processed the £40 refund without any debate – as a debit card credit. I thought about demanding cash, but by that stage, I just wanted it all to end. Anyway, SUCCESS! When the refund appears on the card (I was told to expect around 2 days), I will make my donation as stated.

Feel a bit battered and bruised from my experience of standing up to abuse of corporate power – but I’m very happy to have achieved this outcome, which I would never have managed without the support and guidance received here. Big THANK YOU to everyone here, especially the Site Team, for doing such great and necessary work.

I don’t plan to go back to Asda …and next time I go camping, it’ll be in a decent-quality tent - not a supermarket item. Also, I promise to do a back garden test-erection, before I pitch it for real!

Well done. Please don't worry about the donation. It's not much and you have worked hard for it.

Definitely a good lesson learned. Never travel out on untested equipment – ever.

By the way, what is the name of the manager?

Store manager was known to me only by the name on his standard-issue Asda "Happy to Help" badge: Chris. When I asked for his full name he refused to provide it.

Possibly a corporate policy - the Exec Relations complaints-handler Teegan also provided only her given name.

• Thanks 1