Compensation Payout as a result of a complaint made to a pension company about their customer service,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an interesting one for you all to ponder.

Without going into too much detail as the initial complaint has been resolved, however, in the letter apologising as a result of a complaint made to a pension company about their customer service, they stated that they would pay me the sum of £100 as way of compensation.

I didn't ask for compensation but I appreciated the gesture.

This was October last year.

It is now May and I still have not received it.

The company claims to have sent 2 cheques, neither received, yet the address is the same as the address they sent their letter to.

Last month, I queried it yet again and this time they ask for bank details which I supplied. This was confirmed on 5th May that they would send it vias bacs payment.

Still not received it.

It is irritating me and has somewhat frustrated their apology, when they offer compensation then just simply not pay it.

Can they do this? I really want to sock it to them at this point.

• dx100uk changed the title to Compensation Payout as a result of a complaint made to a pension company about their customer service,

Yes, please tell us the name of the company.

Also, please will you post up their compensation offer here so we can see the exact text.

Also, send them an SAR. Do it immediately.

It's Equiniti who administered The Prudential Pensions.

I am not putting the letter up due to the extend of personal information within and the heavy redaction required as it was an estate administration.

Oh and attacking their social media would do nothing I strongly suspect.

In dealing with this estate admin I have discovered that the pension sector is quite something, and the lack of bite from the The Pension Regulator is enabling them to behave in this manner. I would go as far as to suggest corruption from what I and the Executor have experienced.

Another one:

I and the Executor contacted XPS last March (2022) about a Police pension, 3 emails ignored, then received a request for further information beginning of November 2022, sent that to them, official complaint at the end of November, no response received to that either,  it is now May and still nothing.  They are point blank refusing to communicate.

I agree that social media attacks would make no difference.

However, it's a shame that you won't let us see the text of the offer because it might give us another basis for making the claim.
Of course you should redact it. We aren't asking you to show us your willy but if you are asking for help you then you have to let us have the information we need to see.

You haven't responded to my suggestion that you should send them an SAR. Does this mean that you won't be doing it?

The only complaint made to to XPS was the one I sent end of November. I can't actually do more than that where the XPS/Police Pension is concerned as the executor is not willing to pursue it as of earlier this year, " he can't be bothered" but thats a whole different matter.

I only brought it up as a further example of Pension - I hate to use the word corruption I really do but what else can it be described as?

More opinions I think. The process has started to remove the Executor from the administration for other more serious reasons, and input such as your suggestion about Police Pension having it's own procedure is very helpful.

SAR's are not applicable right now since I am the next of kin not the executor.

The police IDR procedure is mentioned in XPS's own complaints procedure. It might be helpful to have the member's booklet for the pension scheme if it's available. That normally has contact details for complaints.

WWW.MYOWNPENSION.CO.UK

My Own Pension - Your gateway to information for the Local Government, Police and Fire Pension Schemes that are administered by XPS...

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum