G24 ANPR PCN - exceeded free parking by 11imns - Appealed - Robin Retail Park, Loire Drive, Wigan, Lancashire WN5 0UH

I agree with the others.

The bad - they had no-one to sue as they didn't know who the driver was, and they sent out their bilge too late to create keeper liability.  But you outed yourself as the driver.

The good - your reasoning about the free parking period is spot on.  Despite the coming deforestation, G24 are highly, highly unlikely to do court.

Well done on getting on to the organ grinder - they have the power to call the fleecers off.

Let us know when the Retail Park reply, and when the charlatans do.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They were always going to reject your appeal.  G24 are well known to the forum - a bunch of complete charlatans.  You also outed yourself as the driver and gave them someone to sue.

However, they won't sue you.  They have shot themselves in the foot by treating the ANPR times as the parking times when they were not.  They are members of the BPA whose CoP allows 15 minutes as consideration + grace periods, as does the government CoP.  They will now destroy half the Amazon sending "threatening" letters but when it comes to it are highly, highly unlikely to do court.

Ignore them from now on.

But come back here if you ever get a Letter of Claim.

Did you get any joy from the Retail Park?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Spot on.  They wouldn't have a hope in hell in court.

The Retail Park leaseholder is a waste of space though.  They shouldn't be "raising" the matter with G24, they should be telling them to cancel the invoice.  It was them who called in the G24 vermin to infest the car park.

I suggest you tell them in no uncertain terms that G24 are ignoring the government Code of Practice as well as their trade association Code of Practice, you did not overstay, yet are still being threatened with court action by their minions, and if they (the Retail Park leaseholder) don't call off their dogs they will find themselves added as a Third Party to court action.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I take it the Retail Park leaseholder was a waste of space?

• Like 1

Where did you find this LFI?

I've looked at the latest version of their CoP and it's still there, point 13.1  https://irp.cdn-website.com/262226a6/files/uploaded/Code_of_Practice_v8.pdf

• 2 months later...

It's not really a grand, apocalyptic threat, is it?

"This is a mini-threatening letter, and if you don't pay we'll send you a maxi-threatening letter".

Not really stuff to keep you awake at night 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

The good news is that we have around 500 threads concerning G24.  They have only tried court once and even in that case when the Cagger defended they wet themselves and discontinued.

So HB is spot on, a good snotty letter should see them crawl back under their stone.

Of course you need to reply to the Letter of Claim.

But you mistake the point of the reply.  They know full well you respected the regulations.  You told them months ago.  But they don't care.  They just want to scare you into paying.

So the reply is aimed at showing them you aren't scared and if they do take you to court you'll give them a hell of a thrashing.

The strategy has worked 499 times out of 500 with G24.

If you do a search with the exact words "Dear Rachael and Sean" loads of previous snotty letters will pop up.