flaws in defence - costs issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 11/03/2023 at 10:24, honeybee13 said:

re you going to be able to post up the documents people are asking for over the weekend, please? Otherwise this new thread is going to lose momentum like the last one and cause problems again.

HB

Will do, sorry I am having other issues, 

Well, up to you to decide your priorities.

You need to be aware when deciding those priorities: if not settled or sorted in time , the judgement will go onto the register, which will adversely affect the defendants credit rating.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/borrowing-money/county-court-judgments-and-your-credit-rating/

if not settled within 30 days, on the register for 6 years.

Even if then settled, it’s on the register for 6 years, and I’m not sure that it being marked as ‘settled’ has that much mitigation on the adverse effect on the debtor’s credit report.

Edited by BazzaS

On 13/03/2023 at 10:51, BazzaS said:

if not settled within 30 days, on the register for 6 years.

Even if then settled, it’s on the register for 6 years, and I’m not sure that it being marked as ‘settled’ has that much mitigation on the adverse effect on the debtor’s credit report.

Edited Monday at 10:54 by BazzaS

I cannot pay this money unless I sell my house. I cannot see myself selling before court deadline. Can i make proposal of payment

On 10/03/2023 at 00:26, FTMDave said:

You have to pay £7648 by 22 March.  If you don't, it's almost certain you will have high court bailiffs outside your door a few days later.  You don't have to let them in, but if you don't they will keep coming back to try to take away your car/TV/computer/etc.

Alternatively you can try to get an agreement with the builder's solicitor to pay this bit by bit - but be aware that that will mean a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.

Your unpalatable choice.  You'd better decide quickly.  And you'd better keep liaising with the site and not disappearing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 8 months later...